cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Write Syntax

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm having weird issue with write syntax.

I'm writing an amount field into character variable to get the amount in currency format. The code is inside and adobe form interface.

Even though my user profile has Decimal Notation as 1,234,567.89 the amount are coming out as 1.234.567,89.

Apparently I'm not having this issue when the code is placed in SE38 program.

I need to do that above because I have to concatenate few other variables with the amount field to display on the form. And the amounts need to have thousands comma separation.

I have used standard conversion modules and also CURRENCY extension. No luck.

I'm going nuts. I hope I'm not missing anything silly.

Please advise.

Thx.

shyam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandy. The amount I'm passing is not pure amount format, I'm passing a character variable which is prefixed  with a text like USD$/RM/MYR. The pattern may not work. And the cosmetic challenge is that the text needs to be left aligned and the amount value needs to be right aligned in the same field. I took care of that using COMB attribute.

For now I have a dirty solution for amount format which I have already implemented.

But still curious why WRITE behave different in form interface compared to SE38 program.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not working differently - it's picking up a different context. Goodness knows where from!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried setting the ADSUSER and ADS_AGENT profile settings. Still does not work. Any more suggestions/advise..

Thx.

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You can make use of Patterns in Adobe forms. Refer to links below.

Decimal Formatting in Adobe forms | SCN

LiveCycle ES2 * Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES2

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response guys. I had already used set country and FM CURRENCY_AMOUNT_DISPLAY_TO_SAP. Did not work. And it is not an issue with form setting because the amount is formatted already with periods inside the interface code. Checked in debugging.

I'm will consider Matthews suggestion and will look for any ADS level profile setting.

Thx guys.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would have been helpful to have supplied the actual WRITE command you're using... just for clarity. Anyway, what is happening is that the profile of some other user is being used when the Adobe form is generated, and that user is set to 123.456,78.

I don't know Adobe configuration, so I can't go further. However, I think this is an Abobe forms issue rather than ABAP so I'll move the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sometimes it could be to do with country.

Try using "Set country" within your form global code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Can you check the format of the element created in Adobe Form, may be the format of that element is affecting it.

Thanks,

Gupta

former_member334777
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Please use this function module CURRENCY_AMOUNT_DISPLAY_TO_SAP to convert into SAP format.

BR,

Praveen