cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share invitation emails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have SAP Mobile Documents SP3, rhel 6, unicode kernel, 7.4sr2.

I have no problem with sending emails using Java Mail Service on English.

But when I try to create invitation.html and invitation.properties on russian using utf-8 or unicode encoding for these files then I can't add members to the share.

Also I read the documentation and found the posibility to set the charset property.

I returned the encoding for invitation.properties and invitation.html to ANSI and tried to set property charset="text/html;charset=UTF-8" and also unable to add share members.

I think that documentation contain mistake in the name of property "charset" - because generally it calls as "content".

I renamed the "charset" name to "content" and tried to add members and it was succesfull. That's why I really think that documentation contain mistake.

And finally I changed only invitation.html file - I put russian text there and set utf-8 encoding for these file.

As a result - the server succesfully sent the email but all russian words were like ????????.

So, my questions are:

1. Does SAP Mobile Documents support unicode/utf-8 encoding for emails? If no - when? If yes - could you please send me all the details how to set it up?

2. It seems to me that property "charset" in the documentation should be renamed to "content"? Is it true?

Boris.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates?

The problem is that invitation.properties in utf-8 encoding create nullpointerexception in netweaver.

And invitation.html in utf-8 doesn't create any exception but email comes with broken message like: "?? ?? ?????? ???? ???"

0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

first of all sorry for the late reply. The documentation is correct, the charset setting which can be set in the properties file has the key charset. Nevertheless for the html file itself the parameter has to be set in the content property, see example below.

I tested that on one of our cloud instances, for the test I created a share in russian and send an invitation mail. The mail body was correct but for the subject I got the same as you (?????). So there seems to be a problem where we have to look into. Also I want to check it again for the NetWeaver setup if I can reproduce the NullPointerException your refering to.

In parallel please have a look at the example below and check if the error occurs if you change the configuration to the same like mine. If yes I would recommend to open a ticket for further processing.

Here is my properties file:

subject=Mobile Documents: You have been invited to the Shared Folder "${name}"

template=invitation.html

resource.0.name=logo.jpg

resource.0.cid=logo

resource.0.contentType=image/jpeg

charset=text/html;charset=UTF-8

The file is saved using utf-8. And in the invitation we set utf-8 via the content properties:

<!DOCTYPE>

<html>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">

<title>Mobile Documents: You have Been Invited to A Shared Folder</title>

<style>....

Best regards

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regarding invitation.html - your template works fine.

Regarding setting "charset" in .properties - how to write it correctly?

1. charset=text/html;charset=UTF-8

2. charset="text/html;charset=UTF-8"

Probably first because in case of second Mobile Docs doesnt send email at all.

For the invitation.properties:

1. If we set utf-8 for a file and put to the subject key to the first line of the documents, then emails sends but subject is empty. If we put subject to the second line or any other position - then I see nullpointerexception in nw logs.

0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

yes the first one without " is correct. The second one will lead to a problem.

could you paste your subject line here?

In the meanwhile I will test if nullpointer can be reproduced if the subject is set to another position.

Best regards
Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

you found a bug. Currently, only Ascii characters are supported in the subject. We will fix that immediately.

In future, if you find something that seems incorrect, please open a ticket at component BC-SRV-MCM.

regards, Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Patch 3 that will be released in the next days, you will be able to use UTF-8 encoded characters in the subject as well.

I tested with this invitation.properties file:

subject=\u0417\u0434\u0440\u0430\u0432\u0441\u0442\u0432\u0443\u0439\u0442\u0435

template=invitation.html

resource.0.name=logo.jpg

resource.0.cid=logo

resource.0.contentType=image/jpeg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karsten.

Still can't send email with Russian symbols in subject.

I've updated server with the latest patch.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

I just tested it again on a Patch 3 server and it worked for me.

Did you encode your subject like I did in the example above?

If yes, what is the result?

In case you have an empty subject, an explanation that comes in to my mind, is that the invitation.properties file itself was saved in UTF-8 encoding, but Java expects ISO-8859-1.

Possible solutions: add a fake key like foo=bar in the first row or save the file in ANSI format and upload it again.

I'm sorry that the configuration is so complicated and technical right now, but we did not have the time to develop a user-friendly administration page for the mail configuration so far.

Of course we are interested to help you get your system configured and running, so let us know if it helps. If not, please open a ticket and we can have a session to check the issue.

Regards, Karsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

ANSI and ISO-8859-1 doesn't support russian symbols inside. How should I save invitation.properties with russian symbols in subject line using such encoding? If I change the encoding to ANSI then I lose my symbols after saving. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

But if I use ANSI and already encoded russian symbols to unicode (like \u0417) then emails had been sent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, like in my example above. This is how it must be done currently.

Answers (0)