cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating application to Power Builder 12.6 Classic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are planning to move our application to Power Builder 12.6 and I need your help for the same.

Before moving our application to 12.6, I would like to know if there is/are any show stopper issues reported or any issues which can make application from being work.

I need some link which I can refer and based on what we can take decision to migrate our product and I need your honest opinion for moving product to 12.6 version.

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Don't know if you have a support contract, but if you do I would advise to take a look in KBA and reported issues for PB 12.6.

So far PB 12.6 has two fix releases and the amount of fixed issues in them is small (the number of documented fixes is I believe eight). This may mean that either 12.6 isn't used from lot of people, or those who use it did not found any issues or decided not to report them...

Finally there are some fixes (like reported on those forums) which seem to be addressed but the fix isn't yet released.

Andreas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

Can you please tell me what is KBA and from which link I can access that?

Thanks,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

CobyKako
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Anal,

Please take a look at this WIKI page:

Migrating PowerBuilder Applications - SAP PowerBuilder - SCN Wiki

HTH

Jacob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, Jacob, there are lot of additions to the wiki,,, Nice to know

CobyKako
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You're welcome Andreas

This WIKI page is also interesting for submitting code examples like the old Sybase CodeXChange

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes... You are right... I saw that we can connect there with scn's credential and post some content... Very nice...