cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM Opportunistic Cross Dock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing the following scenario and I have all the config and master data setting that is needed to do cross dock.

This scenario is cross dock from the Inbound side

1. Create Sales order for qty 10 in ECC and that is replicated in EWM.

2. Wave the ODO in EWM and that creates an WT to pick 10 qty from the GNL location. The WT is still open and I did not confirm it yet. The WT has source and destination HU determined. The WO has Queue assigned based on Queue determination

3. I now create an Inbound delivery in ECC for same prod and Qty 10 and it is replicated in EWM.

4. In EWM, I pack the qty 10 in a HU and then I do a 'Goods Receipt' to the GR-ZONE. I don't have a POSC

5. Now I am manually creating a putaway WT for the ID.

Now this is where my problem is. I was hoping that system will cross dock this inbound delivery with the outbound delivery and in doing so, it will cancel the open Pick WT that was created for the ODO and will create a new cross dock WT but system did not do so. It is creating a direct putaway WT to the GNL location.

ALSO, this process works when for the ODO, I do not create any open WT. In that case, during putaway WT creation it is cross docked.

So the question is, does EWM consider open WT's during XDock? In some texts, SAP writes that the open WT's will get cancelled and cross docked but that is not happening.

Thanks for your inputs and help

James

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alex. I went through the doc and seems like I have everything.

Also as I mentioned cross dock is working when I do not create an open WT for the Pick task.

It is not working when I have an open Pick WT.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

EWM can cancel an open pick WT. What it says in the docu is " If open pick warehouse tasks of this kind exist, EWM cancels these without violating the FIFO principle."

Well, in reality it is not that simple. First of all the open WTs must be RF relevant (you wrote you have a queue, but it must be an RF-queue (which I suppose you have)). The other thing is the question with FIFO. Now it does make sense that EWM does not cancel a WT if the already assigned quantity is older then the one you have in the GR zone. But what acutally happens is that the system checks the goods removal rule being used for the open WT. If this one uses the GR date or the SLE date, then the system does NOT cancel the WT. This is part of the standard BADI implementation you have to have to CD. And this is where you have to put in your own logic.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen....cannot thank you enough for the explanation. You are absolutely correct. When I use anything other than FIFO or FEFO, then the cancellation of open WT's are working. So even though the docs say that it wont work only for FIFO, it does not work for FEFO either.

Well I hope it will be a small enhancement in the BAdi to change this behavior. As you mentioned, making CD along with FEFO will make sense.

Thanks again.

James

rguan88
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi James,

How do we know if the open WT for the ODO is with remvoal rule - FIFO?

Cheers,

RG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

I don't think the WT itself will tell you the pick strategy used (FIFO/FEFO etc). You will have to look your config for pick strategy to see which rule is assigned.

Answers (0)