cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ship to partner function field is editable in the order

0 Kudos

Good Evening!

I have come across a strange situation where the ship to field is editable in the order.

Also if i check the change logs it shows that Ship to party has been created.

How is the possible!  

Thanks in Advance, Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Theerthesh Kumar Jain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

nicolas_posada
Participant
0 Kudos

Also, you may want to consider using the one-time customer account if you do not want to have a whole lots of useless one-time used master data.

0 Kudos

Thanks for your inputs.

If you observe my screenshot i can change the Ship to number. This is fine.

But what i want to understand is why the Partner function is editable(WE Ship to party)

This is the only order where WE Ship to party is editable and we are unable to understand why so.

Regards,

Theerthesh.

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Theerthesh,

This is sales order item level partner function, you can look at partner determination configurations of sales document item, you have in your system.

The settings related to modification are there.

Regards

Jobi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Theerthesh,

You have an option to make any partner as modifiable or non-modifiable in the Partner Function customizing.

Thus it seems in your system, the current setting is to Sold to, Ship to, Payer and Sales Agent Partner functions are marked a Non-Modifiable and only Ship to is marked as modifiable.

You can discuss the requirement with business teams and make make necessary settings here: IMG - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Partner Determination - Set Up Partner Determination - Set Up Partner Determination for Sales Document Header (or Item) - select Procedure (e.g. TA Standard Order) - Partner Functions in Procedure and check the setting in Box for Not Modifiable.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

0 Kudos

Hello Jignesh,

In customization all partners are set up as modifiable.

I believe that the modifiable field is to change the partner number, not the partner in itself.

I mean to say I can change the Ship to number from say 1000001 to 1000002.

But if you see my screenshot WE Ship to Party is itself modifiable(all other parnters are greyed out).

Thanks,

Theerthesh.

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this happening only for one item in one sales order..?

Is this item already delivered or yet to be delivered?

Jobi

0 Kudos

This has happened only once. Only for this order.

The material has already been delivered and invoiced.

Theerthesh

former_member200027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Theerthesh Kumar Jain,

In standard system, it is allowed to ship-to party in sales order.
But if your company has a requirement to set ship-to party as not changeable, you could customize this in transaction VOPA.

Best regards,

Crystal Lin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is possible, and standard. At the time of raising a sales order, the Ship To Party may not be known. Or, the customer may ask for the product to be sent to a different location or address. Rather than raise a new order, the Ship to Party can be changed. However I suspect that once a Delivery is created, the field will grey out, but I can't confirm this today.

As for the ability to create a new Ship to via a sales order, this is also standard. In our company we have cases where the customer wants the product delivered to a new address - such as a building site, or a new house being built, or a freight forwarder. We create these "on the fly" in the order. Remember the Ship to Party only provides the sales order with an address for Route Determination, and for the header partner and address of the delivery. It is not relevant to pricing, or accounting, or ATP, or rebates basis, and possibly even tax.

Therefore it can be changed, and created in this way.

Regards