cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event date filter on SAP EM UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have set up the selection profile for selection using event date filter.

But it does not seem to be working. Any suggestions or tips ?

Thanks,

Deb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

Where did you done that?

Which configured field and attribute id have your configured in selection profile?

If you elaborate and paste the screen shot we may help you.

Regards

GGOPII

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

as Gopi proposed, can you please provide a screenshot with selection criteria and result screen including the event message list. Please also explain in more detail what is not working - I guess event messages get displayed, which should be filtered out?

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi / Daniel,

Please see the screenshot below:

We are trying this to filter the event handlers (search results) based on the expected event date.

Meaning, say for example we want to see all event handlers that have ZXX event with expected event date within a range.

I am not sure if the following "event date filter" would help to achieve that.

I also tried to add "Expected event date" as one of the selection profile fields.

In 1st case: Result shows all event handlers and all corresponding messages. Least I expected the messages to filter based on the date range

In 2nd case: Result shows some event handlers (not all) and messages are not within the given date range. I used "Earliest expected date"

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

please see the following document for details regarding the event date filter: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-48806 -> this cannot be used to influence the event handler selection! It can be used to reduce the number of event messages displayed for an EH.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Yes, I had referred to this document and understand that this will not filter the event handlers.

But it did not filter the event messages for the selected event handler also.

So 1st: why it is not working ? Any pointers what should I check ?

2nd:  How can we filter the event handlers based on the one particular event code and its corresponding expected event dates ?

Thanks,

Deb

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

to 2nd:

Choose configure field:

EVENT CODE (EXTERNAL)

or

EVENT CODE (INTERNAL)

and

EVENT EXPECTED DATE

EVENT EXPECTED TIME

With these fields you can search for Expected Event Date/Time and Event Code.

The Event Date Filter should work as Daniel explained.

Best regards,

Steffen