Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPMFunction to get member ID based on properties

sebastian_hagl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm looking for an (EPM)function to receive a certain dimension member into an excel cell based on serveral properties.

Tried EPMDimensionPropertyValues() and EPMSelectMember() but the Point is that in any case a need to know the ID of the member. But in my case i only know properties which exactly describe this member.

Resolved the case at the Moment with EPMDimensionOverride, but this in my opinion only works for row axis and column axis. But when using the page axis i need to give the member ID directly to the OLAP function. But (as i described) i don't know the ID.... just the properties...

Thx in advance

Best

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

There is something strange in your requirements...

You are talking about page axis - then - single member. But selection by property in this case will require unique property for each ID or...???

Can you explain what you want to achieve?

Vadim

sebastian_hagl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

you're right.

In my case a user should select two properties from two drop down lists, which exactly lead to a member within a certain dimension. This unique member should then be available within the report., e.g. as active context member or for use within page axis to restrict the report on this member. But i don't want to have the Dimension in the row or column axis actually....

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only solution without VBA:

Create a dummy report and use dimension override for row or column axis to get this member. Then use cell in dummy report as a cell with required member in your real report.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

An alternative solution.

Use EPMContextMember formula and put the property in the filter field, then it will return the correct member. only limitation is that it will return the first find member with that property, so if you only have one member with that property then it will work.

example:

Andy

sebastian_hagl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

thx for this hint, too. I guess the same I can achieve with EPMSelectMember as I tried.

But there's also the issue that i have to click on the EPMFormula and select the member, because as I see there's no automatical refresh within EPMContextMemberFunction? But in my case i need to get the member ID directly into an Excel cell without performing any other Action...

Best

Sebastian

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, exactly the same! EPMContextMember has the same behavior as EPMSelectMember...

Dummy report (with may be double refresh issue) or VBA!

Vadim

Answers (0)