Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

EHP5 upgrade Query

We want to upgrade from ECC5.0 SPS 14 to SAP EHP5 for SAP ERP 6 SPS 13 however now realize that SUM upgrade path is not supported for some reason so we have to until EHP6 or EHP7.

When i check the UDA dependancy for EHP6, I see a note stating "Independent upgrade possible, but with known restrictions " and it lists a single note which seems to be a bug with a known solution or work around. My question here is, is this all that i need to address or could there be more as the disclaimer text is very generic. I just want to know if this is the only restriction that's applicable if i have to upgrade to EHP6.   The restriction is for CRM which will not undergo upgrade and is currently at EHP1 for CRM 7.0

Please let me know your thoughts

Regards

Kalyan

Former Member
replied

Hi Kalyana,

First, I hadn't realized that upgrades to EhP5 were no longer supported, but I see that you are correct (unless you are already on ERP 6.0 with a lower EhP level). Interesting.

So, given that you are instead considering EhP6, I don't think you have a problem. I don't have CRM experience (but I do have SRM experience), but generally as long as your CRM system has at least the support pack level of the Note, or you apply the Note, then the known issue should not occur for you.

Does that mean you won't encounter other issues? No. You may or may not. However, according to the UDA it is a supported combination of applications, so you should be able to either find Notes or obtain SAP support for any issues that arise.

If in doubt, you could build sandbox systems for both your ERP and CRM systems, and perform a test upgrade of the sandbox ERP system and see what happens. This is a good practice to follow anyway.

Cheers,

Matt

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question