cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict wagetypes on infotype 0014 on PA20 and PA30 overview

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a request to restrict update on certain wage types only for a group of staff.  I have modified authorization object P_ORGIN to restrict the subtype.  This work in reports but when the user tries to display or maintain Master data (PA20 or PA30) and tries to do an overview for infotype 0014 they get an error message 'No read authorization for Recurring Payments/Deductions' even though they only have wage types that are allowed.

When I enter each one individually, in the subtype field, it shows the overview for that wage type only.  Is there anyway to get the overview of all the allowed wagetypes?

Many Thanks

Shamshudin.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suhas_lembarkar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please provide the screen shot of authorization role, so that we find out what is missing.

Regards,

Suhas L

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shamshudin,

In the P_ORGIN object, please try to add two single quotes ' ' in the subtype field.

That way, you will be able to get an overview of the authorized wage types. At least it sounds like that would solve your problem.

Good luck!

Dimitri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suhas,

Thanks for your response please find below the screen shot for P_ORGIN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dimitri,

Thanks for your response but I cannot add the quotes as the subtype field is 4 characters and my restriction is ZHR*.  It will not let me add the quotes around it.

Many Thanks

Shamshudin

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shamshudin,

What authorization level have you assigned to your role?  It looks like 'M' only.

Have a look at this one:

In my example I have granted read and write access for ZHR* and additionally I have entered the double quotes. The double quotes allow you to get an overview of available wage types without entering any wage types in the initial PA30 screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dimitri,

Thank you so much that works.  What does the quotes do?

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

The quotes have the following effect:

If you don't enter any wage type (subtype) in the initial screen of PA20 / PA30, an authorization error will come up as the system will read all subtypes associated with the infotype (0014).

Since you have restricted the subtypes (ZHR*), you will receive this error message unless you explicitly enter the subtype in the initial PA30 screen.

Using the quotes in P_ORGIN will result in only showing the authorized subtypes.

Exactly what you'd need

Answers (0)