cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBAP Table conversion - Post SP Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

After the SP Upgrade, when doing the import of the VBAP table by transport, it failed.

Table has been renamed to QCMVBAP during a table adjustment, however the conversion has failed.

The error messages show that it was not possible to

complete the conversion related to specific indexes which could not be

removed. We dropped the constraint and then the index.

Now a job is running the table conversion, but it takes very long time ( more than 27 hours already ).

Is there any way to speed up the conversion in Oracle ?

Please advise,

Cheers!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jordan,

Transport of an application table like VBAP  is not a standard action after applying SP (or doing an upgrade ?)

Transport orders are not meant for transporting application data...

What is the use of transporting VBAP if you are not transporting VBAK (header) ?

Can you provide some details about your scenario and the error you get.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Salut Yves,

I'm not sure if something is being lost in translation here.

If I read between the lines and the fact that there is a QCM table then for me there isn't a application data transport going on. A structural change (DDIC) to the table is being imported.

The above said (and being true ...... ) it also seems (oh the danger of assumptions 🙂 ) to be as if the table definition has been directly changed as opposed to using an append structure.

Jordan,

Dropping constraints and indexes .... hmmm ..... that was probably not a good idea.

Please tell me that this isn't your prod system.

As Yves has asked, can you please provide more info and possibly the SE14 logs with the issue(s) you encountered.

Cheers,

Amerjit