cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with SAP Lumira Desktop 1.25.0 Build 17

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I downloaded the new version of SAP Lumira Desktop 1.25.0 Build 17 and made an update on my existing version 1.23. Everything looks fine ... but if I open a .lums file created with version 1.23 including a storyboard and I switch to the “compose” view, the storyboard is not displayed and no visualizations are displayed on the left side (see screenshot). If I try afterwards to switch to the “Visualize” view Lumira switches not to the “Visualize” view (see screenshot).

I tried to de-install SAP Lumira Desktop and reinstall it completely – but I got the same effect.

I tried the same with other documents from the sample collection delivered with SAP Lumira installation – but I get the same result.

Do someone have the same effect?

Thanks,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric - I am not experiencing this - I went from 1.23 to 1.25

Did you download the 64 bit version?  I wonder what is different between your machine and my machine; I am on Windows 7

0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

we are using the 64 bit version. Meanwhile we made some tests on our VMs (Windows 7 an Windows 8.1) and on this VMs everything works fine. A colleague has the same problem after upgrading – so we have to check what’s different between the VMs and our installation. I hope we will find the issue …

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Could you please try clearing the Lumira cahce file on your non-working machine by setting "-Dhilo.cef.cache.enabled" property in "SAPLumira.ini" file to "false"?

"SAPLumira.ini" file is located in "C:\Program Files\SAP Lumira\Desktop" folder.

You do not need the double quotes around the property name and the value.

For example:

-Dhilo.cef.cache.enabled=false

Note that Lumira application/process has to be restarted for the change to take effect.

Regards,

Boris

0 Kudos

Hi Boris,

after adding the parameter into the SAPLumira.ini everything works fine again – thanks a lot for your support!

One additional question. If I have a look into the SAPLumira.ini of the VMs with the new installation (not upgraded from 1.23 to 1.25) we see that the property is set to

-Dhilo.cef.cache.enabled=true

but on this installation we have no issues.

So my question is if we should set the property by default to

-Dhilo.cef.cache.enabled=false

Thank you and best regards,

Eric

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No, don't get into the habit of setting it 'by default' .

it's a workaround that was communicated to you in order to help untangle your specific installation issue.

regards,

H

0 Kudos

Dear Henry,

could you give me more description regarding the property. E. g.

• What is the effect of the property?
  • Should it only used once and deleted afterwards from the SAPLumira.ini?

The reason is that we are plan to rollout SAP Lumira 1.25 now and I expect for test users we have to upgrade from a older version 1.17 to 1.25 we will have the same issues as I had. So I would know if we install SAP Lumira with the permanent entry of the property "-Dhilo.cef.cache.enabled=false" or not.

I made a test at my PC and I see that now after implementing the property "-Dhilo.cef.cache.enabled=false", start SAP Lumira once and de-implementing the property afterwards from the SAPLumira.ini, SAP Lumira works also as expected. So my guess is this property is only to clean up any caches once and fixed my problem.

Thank you and best regards,

Eric

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Personally, I wouldn't assume that "they will have the same issues as I had" . these kind of pbs are intermittent, often machine- or user-profile specific.

that setting will re-initialise totally the application's launch procedure. meaning that it may take slightly longer to open, but without trying to restore any previous session's cache.

Regards,

H

0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

thank you for this explanation. So we will use the property only once (for the first start of SAP Lumira after upgrade) for users that will be updated from lower versions to SAP Lumira 1.25 and drop the property afterwards from the SAPLumira.ini to avoid the longer launch procedure.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Eric

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I understand that you want to have a "standardised rule" for your deployment template,  but this may not be necessary for EVERY desktop, so i'd recommend you do further analysis as to the potential impact (as it may have been only your machine)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

The property should be left to its default value (true), and my suggestions was provided as a workaround to unblock you.

The cache is supposed to be cleared automatically when an existing version of SAP Lumira is uninstalled, and then the newer version is installed.

A potential explanation for the experienced problem on a particular machine is that the newer version was not installed (which will include the uninstallation of the previous version) by the same user and since the cache files are in a user-specific temporary folder, the cache was not removed.

Regards,

Boris

Answers (0)