Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting SFTP server.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are trying to connect to SFTP server outside network from our PI system  (advantaco sftp ) we are getting below error.

Delivery of the message to the application using connection SFTP_http://advantco.com/xi/XI/SFTP failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: javax.resource.ResourceException: java.lang.Exception: Cannot connect to SFTP server.

we tried connecting through Filezilla by giving port (22-SFTP) in this case we are not able to connect we are getting the same error.

But when we try the same in filezilla giving port(21-FTP) we are able to login successfully.

but we have been informed by 3rd party that this is the SFTP server and not FTP server, tried using ping also but getting same error .

As it is outside network tried using proxy also but no success.

and also third party tried ping using public network they are able to ping successfully. they don't have any firewall.

any inputs on this ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The problem is that we need to have a firewall plug in set-up do be done with new server.

But still I'am bit  confused why our network was blocking for port 22(SFTP) as FTP with same server was able to connect successfully. I mean it should have blocked for FTP as well.

However thanks a lot for your input guys.

Br,

Manoj

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>But still I'am bit  confused why our network was blocking for port 22(SFTP) as FTP with same server was able to connect successfully. I mean it should have blocked for FTP as well.

By default outbound connections should not be blocked by firewall. May be your network admins have set it up such a way that all outgoing SSL connections should be blocked??

Do close the thread if your issue has resolved.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No thread to close since he didn't open it as a question

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This seems to be something wrong on our side , because i tried connecting the same server through my laptop as SFTP(Port 22) in this case it was successful .

One more thing user ID something like XXX@abc.com and host name is sftp.xyz.net , so does the character '@' in user id causes any issue ?

Any inputs on this ?

Br,

Manoj

vijayanandpaul_puvvula3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I am guessing this is the 1st interface you are developing to this FTP server. In that case, I would suggest to check with your network team for firewall issues. Normally before starting your build you need to fill out a form for the 3rd party server and sent it to the network team to resolve the firewall before you can use the connection.

Rgds,

Vijay.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try performing telnet from the OS of your PI system?

telnet <host> <port>

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes i did try ping , tracert and telnet all resulted in same error  hostname not found.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Manoj,

Are you speaking to your network team and asking them to trace while you run tests.

These issues can be quickly sorted with help of firewall admins.

Regards,

Siddhesh

vijayanandpaul_puvvula3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

You may want to use the same details as that of File Zilla which worked. If the Advantco SFTP adapter is not working, try using the SAP FTP adapter since you are saying that it works if Port = '21'. Normally even if the third party does not have firewall restriction there could be a restriction for the SAP PI system So you may want to check with your Basis admin.

I used Advantco SFTP adapter before and if you are using the latest release it is pretty stable.

Rgds,

Vijay.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I think the PI public certificate has to be installed in the SFTP server. Check this document, i know there is not for advantco adapter, but you can get some interesting ideas: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/305eeb5b-81e7-2f10-d8aa-9216de04c...

Regards.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you sure if that is an SFTP server? I don't think so. It's not about PI adapter even the filezilla is throwing the same exception.

>>>but we have been informed by 3rd party that this is the SFTP server and not FTP server, tried using ping also but getting same error .

May be they are referring to FTPS but not SFTP? Both are different as you may already aware.

They should also give you the port information right?

So i would suggest you to verify with them again..

In addition, you can verify if they have enabled FTPS(it has to be explicit) on the default port.

in file zilla,  go to File -> Site Manager -> while adding the site

set the protocol -> FTP

Encryption -> use explicit FTP over TLS

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hareesh,

I double confirmed this they are sure that this is SFTP only.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So if i understand correctly

you can connect from outside of your companies network (from your personal laptop) but not from intranet.

If so you should work with network administrator to see if the firewall is blocking.

You can even use XPI inspector which would be of great help to get additional error information.