Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure SAP MDG in SAP HR

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have a question related the different methods to install SAP MDG in a SAP HR.  I don't know if it's possible to activate the MDG for Supplier in a SAP HR installation.

I case of the activation could be done, Is it necessary to have the MM/SD modules configured in this server?

Yes, I know that it's a very uncommon proposal of installation, but the stuff is due that SAP ECC is in Ehp4 and the SAP HR is in Ehp6.

Thanks

Iván

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

MDG-S requires that software component SAP_APPL exists in the system. W/o the same, MDG-S won't work.

Each MDG release requires specific versions of SAP_APPL. Those are either mentioned in the related release information notes or the configuration guides.

Regarding the HR system being on EhP6, your client is only able to install a rather "outdated" version of MDG-S: MDG-S EhP6 or maybe MDG-S 6.1. The release that is currently available for all customers is MDG 7.0 (which includes additional features for MDG-S as well).

Maybe it's worth checking with your client what exactly should be done with MDG-S? Then you could do a cross check w.r.t. the capabilities of planned MDG-S release to decide whether it's cheaper to put additional effort into the project (e.g. development of desires that are not covered in the standard) or upgrading the system to get a MDG release that covers more requirements.

Alternatively MDG supports the deployment option of a standalone hub as well. This would require new hardware, of course, but from the software perspective you could go for the latest and greatest w/o impacting your productive ERP / HR systems. Those are fed with data from MDG via replication (e.g. IDocs or SOA services).

Best regards

Michael

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Your response is very useful for me. All my doubts has been clearly.

Related the deployment options I know all the possibilities around but the client doesn't want to invest in new hardware.

From my point of view the best choice will be upgrade the ECC.

Best regards and thank you very much again.

Iván

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ivan,

Instead of installing the MDG on HR I recommand to install the HR on you ECC that will be easy

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

But ECC is in Ehp4. ¿? Your suggest doesn't include MDG for Supplier.

10 point less ...

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Upgrading the ECC will be easy task rather then installing the MM etc...on HR..

iprieto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Absolutely, but the client doesn't want to make an upgrade. This is the point.

Your suggestion was my first recommendation to the client.

Thanks Shankar