cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Not Found Scripting Error for no obvious reason - SP3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been experimenting with the improvements to the scripting functionality since upgrading to P2 SP3.

I'm not sure what's going on here but something is not right - can anyone help?

It's a simple script with the objective of basically transferring a couple of fields from one (or possibly 2) screen(s) to another but the script is
erroring on the last line every time, regardless of what the last line is – ‘control not found’.....

... and here is the full script...

... and here is the target flavour with the message field highlighted ...

I've created a ticket for this but I'm running way behind schedule here and any help or insight here would be much appreciated.

Regards.

Patrick.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you to those that took time out to reply.

The answer was spotted by Chhavi @ OSS so a big thank you to  him as well ...

Such a stupid mistake cost me such a lot of time - I'll be looking out for that in the future.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to strip leading and trailing spaces from control names before any attempt is made to use them within the script?

Regards.

Patrick

0 Kudos

should be a small fix..

pinging Mr. Kranthi..

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Not being familiar with this transaction I can only guess, but in the script you copy the Instruction value, but you do not paste it anywhere.

In the screenshot of the target flavor, the instruction field is blank, yet mandatory. Could that be the reason?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone got any thoughts on this one, I'm desperate to move it forward and if it's a basic misunderstanding on my part I'd really like to know about it.

I've raised a ticket with OSS but nothing so far - any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Patrick.

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Do you have any tab caching/merging going on?