cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mismatch of Forecast Key Figure between graph and graph settings in the data view

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in to the graphical mode of the data view. I can see the different key figures and the forecast key figure also - say KF1. When I click "Switch to graphic Setting"  and on the right side in the overview box - I go to series and when I expand then I see different forecast key figure say KF2.

I run different forecast model with different forecast key figure and every time the forecast key figure is correct in the graphical display but in the series as mentioned above, the forecast key figure remains the same - always KF2. It does not change with the change in forecast profile (change in forecast key figure).

I think the forecast key figure coming out of the first run of the forecast profile sits into the series option.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prabhat

If I understood, you have different KF in planning grid llike KF1, KF2 , KF3...which gets populated based on which forecasting profile you use it ..correct?

I think you require to select the or perform the configuration graph separately according to it in the switch graphic setting.You can explore different options "series" part of Graph configuration.

Please do let me know if helps or I have understood your requirements.

Thanks

Amol

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Amol for your response.

Yes based on forecast profile, the forecast key figure is populated.

But I request you please elaborate more on your advice.

Steps that I do

1. Log in to the planning book,load the selection and run the Univariate forecast. Then choose

the selection profile. you get the result as forecast data in table format.

2. Click the Table <--> Graphic option to get the data in graphical display. Here you see the data

in graphical mode and below the graph you see all the key figures that contains the data.It

also includes the forecast key figure KF1. This key figure changes if I re-run the univariate

forecast with different forecast profile (as the different forecast profile contains different

forecast key figure)

3. when I click on 'Switch Graphic Settings',we get a box pop up on the right hand side scroll down till 'series' option. expand 'Series' and you will see all the  key figures containing the data like history,corrected forecast and the forecast key figure.This forecast key figure do not change in spite of the fact that different forecast profiles populates different forecast ket figure.

Hope I am clear now ...?

Regards,

Prabhat

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Sorry but this is still not clear. In Series, it jus lists all key figures contained in the graphic. It looks like that it does not care which is history and which is forecast ...
Could you please add some pictures to explain the issue to us?

BR, Ada

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Please see the screenshot.

Statistical Fct Original Sim1 and Statistical Fct Original Sim2 are two different forecast key figures.

I selected the master profile with forecast key figure 'Statistical Fct Original Sim2' and this is reflected correctly below the graph.

If you see right side in the series - the key figure listed is 'Statistical Fct Original Sim1'. This is wrong. Ideally here the key figure listed should be 'Statistical Fct Original Sim2' matching with graph.

P.S.------ I had run the univariate first time selecting the master profile with the forecast key figure Sim1 and this is retained by Series. Now it is not changing the KF even I select different master profile with different forecast key figure.So if I run any master profile with forecast key figure Sim1 or

Sim2 or Sim3 or Sim4 it doesn't matter - Series will only keep Sim1.

Hope I am clear now...

im1 or

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat

Thank you very much adding more information.

I think what you are looking for might be not possible. Initially when you executed the Univariate forecast you have FCST in KF1 key figure. Then you executed with another profile which populates the data into KF2 keyfigure in the table format. i.e. you still have KF1 key figure as well as KF2 key figure in table format.

In the Graph session, the same will happen it will show all the KF which has been available in the table format or selected in the graph format.

Ideally you should have one KF in table format which should represent your final FCST and only tthis key figure should be selected into graph format. So whenever you executed the forecasting, you should also try to populate the results into final forecasting KF which is then also appearing correctly or showing in Graph.

Please do let me know if the solution helps you or provide more information as mentioned by Ads if we are not on correct track.

Amol

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Amol for your input.

Please be informed that the screenshot was from testing box. In development I am getting the desired result.

Request you please refer the screen shot again

I have marked only one key figure in the graph i.e. 'Statistical Fct Sim2'.

If I run univariate with another profile with forecast key figure 'Statistical Fct Sim3' then in the graph you will see 'Statistical Fct Sim3'.Now you won't see 'Statistical Fct Sim2' in the graph.

Now again if I run Univariate with another forecast profile with forecast key figure 'Statistical Fct Sim4' then now you will see 'Statistical Fct Sim4' in the graph.Now you won't see Statistical Fct Sim3 as this has been overwritten now.

Coming to Series - Key figure listed here do not change irrespective of the master profile you run (with any forecast key figure).

P.S. -- In development what ever I select forecast key figure in the master profile, the same key figure gets listed in Series so it changes with every run of the univariate forecast.

There must me some setting issue in testing box which we are not able to figure it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat

It´s really strange , if it´s work on development and does not work on Test system. It could be you different planning book or data view configuration across the system landscape. If possible , I would suggest to transport respective planning book or data view from development system to test system and give a try again.

I hope you should have consistent behavior then.

Thanks

Amol