cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write optimized DSO in BW on HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings!!

As per my knowledge, we can migrate only Standard DSO, and I observed few changes “Change Log information using SAP HANA calculation view”, and “Active data table as SAP HANA temporal table with history index. 

If Write optimized DSO using for daily transitions, and we want to continue the same Write optimized DSO after the migration(BW on HANA). What are the precaution we need to take before migration and how it can work after the migration, or  is Write optimized DSO support for migration???

Can anyone provide information for same.!!!

Thanks,

Rakesh R Yasa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

desgallagher
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

In the new BW support packages (which you should use for migration) you don't migrate the standard DSO or write optimized DSO. So no conversion has to be done for the DSO's please see the information at the link below:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41327

Kind Regards,

Des

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks des for providing the infomation. it's realy helpful me..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rakesh,

No conversion required for  write optimized DSO. SAP has suggested don't convert the even standard DSO also. If you have already converted into HANA optimized reconvert into Normal DSO. There is some limitation in HANA Optimized DSO's. From SP8 onwards any DSO or CUBE created those are HANA Optimized.

Regards

Sudhir Saripalli