cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Insufficient privilege when Activating an attribute view (person responsible for package = SYSTEM)

0 Kudos

Hello Patrick, Anooj

I also face the exact error and hence tried giving the suggested commands. but i couldn't still activate my model. Pasted below the error + the SQLs i tried and their outputs.

Please suggest

thanks

Lakshmi

ErrorSQLOutput
Not authorizednCreate view DDL statement: CREATE COLUMN VIEW "_SYS_BIC"."I018654/VIEW2" TYPE JOIN WITH PARAMETERS ( joinIndex = "TRAINING"."MARA", joinIndexType = 0, joinIndex = "TRAINING"."MAKT", joinIndexType = 0, joinCondition = ('JOIN_MARA_MAKT_1', "TRAINING"."MARA", "MANDT", "TRAINING"."MAKT", "MANDT", '', 17, 0), joinCondition = ('JOIN_MARA_MAKT_2', "TRAINING"."MARA", "MATNR", "TRAINING"."MAKT", "MATNR", '', 17, 0), joinPath = ('PATH', 'JOIN_MARA_MAKT_1, JOIN_MARA_MAKT_2'), viewAttribute = ('MANDT', "TRAINING"."MARA", "MANDT", 'PATH', 'default', 'attribute', '', 'I018654/VIEW2$MANDT'), viewAttribute = ('MATNR', "TRAINING"."MARA", "MATNR", 'PATH', 'default', 'attribute', '', 'I018654/VIEW2$MATNR'), viewAttribute = ('SPRAS', "TRAINING"."MAKT", "SPRAS", 'PATH', 'default', 'attribute', '', 'I018654/VIEW2$SPRAS'), viewAttribute = ('MAKTX', "TRAINING"."MAKT", "MAKTX", 'PATH', 'default', 'attribute', '', 'I018654/VIEW2$MAKTX'), viewAttribute = ('MAKTG', "TRAINING"."MAKT", "MAKTG", 'PATH', 'default', 'attribute', '', 'I018654/VIEW2$MAKTG'), constraint = ('TRAINING:MARA.MANDT', 0, '', "TRAINING"."MARA", "MANDT", 'eq', '$$client$$'), constraint = ('TRAINING:MAKT.MANDT', 0, '', "TRAINING"."MAKT", "MANDT", 'eq', '$$client$$'), constraint = ('TRAINING:MAKT.SPRAS', 0, '', "TRAINING"."MAKT", "SPRAS", 'eq', '$$language$$', 0, ''), view = ('V_MARA', "TRAINING"."MARA", 'PATH'), defaultView = 'V_MARA', 'REGISTERVIEWFORAPCHECK' = '1' ) NO STRUCTURED PRIVILEGE CHECKnGRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA I018654 TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION;
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, DROP ON SCHEMA I018654 TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION;

GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA SYSTEM TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION;
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, DROP ON SCHEMA TRAINING TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION;
Statement 'GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA I018654 TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION'
successfully executed in 1.131 seconds (server processing time: 34 ms 824 µs) - Rows Affected: 0

Statement 'GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, DROP ON SCHEMA I018654 TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION'
successfully executed in 214 ms 42 µs (server processing time: 31 ms 261 µs) - Rows Affected: 0

Could not execute 'GRANT SELECT ON SCHEMA SYSTEM TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION' in 186 ms 761 µs .
SAP DBTech JDBC: [258]: insufficient privilege: Not authorized

Could not execute 'GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, DROP ON SCHEMA TRAINING TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION' in 181 ms 754 µs .
Duration of 4 statements: 1.713 seconds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Tables that you are using are from the TRAINING schema and you are getting an error while trying to grant access to this user.

Could not execute 'GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, DROP ON SCHEMA TRAINING TO _SYS_REPO WITH GRANT OPTION' in 181 ms 754 µs .

Duration of 4 statements: 1.713 seconds

Your current user may not have enough authorisation to grant necessary access to TRAINING user. So I would suggest you login as SYSTEM or any other user that have enough privileges over TRAINING to execute the above GRANT statement.

Thanks,
Anooj

0 Kudos

Thanks Anooj, yes is is pure authorization issue. My system admin team resovlved

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

I made a new thread out of your comment, since this is likely a separate issue and the original thread had been answered years ago.

First off: the formatting of your post is not working well on SCN. The wide table is hard to read and required horizontal scrolling.

Could you reformat this so that the text is rather long than wide?

To your issue:

It appears as if you are trying to grant privileges on schemas TRAINING and SYSTEM with a user that doesn't have those privileges plus the ADMIN option.

If the user account you try this with doesn't have the ADMIN option it cannot further grant the privileges.

In this case,  the SYSTEM user has to run the grant.

The same goes for the TRAINING schema, although I really don't know why _SYS_REPO should have anything else than SELECT in this schema.

- Lars

0 Kudos

Authorization issue is solved now Lars.Thanks for new thread. Next time i be careful in posting content with tables.

Regards

Lakshmi