cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POSC Steps in WOCR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Can anyone tell me why POSC steps are placed in WOCR for the outbound and in WPT for Inbound?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member193471
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

Is it not mandatory to use POSC from WOCR. WPT also works. However, If you wanted to have better control on your picking, then, use POSC at WOCR level.

Example, For Pallet storage type which is storing Full HUs, you do not need packing. Where are, Loose components require Packing. If you use POSC at WPT level, it is difficult to manage process. So, you can use POSC from WOCR level to have the better control on process.

Regards,

Sathish

Hi Sathish,

you cann`t use POSC in WPT, where WPT category = 2 (Pick). It's system restrictions.

BR, Alex.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need more clarity on this..Can anyone help me out?

Regards,

SAM

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is one clear rule: never ask WHY something is in a certain way...

I do not think that there really is a reason. But process wise it usually does more sense the way it is. "We" mostly assume that you have relatively easy processes inbound (you receive a bunch of pallets and put them away one by one), but have complex picking processes (different quantities, time plays a more important role, transportation planning, etc). That's why settings sometimes look so different between inbound and outbound.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

former_member218198
Participant
0 Kudos

This is very good question, we normally take it for granted that this is how system works. Never thought the reason behind it..

To my understanding, it is more business process related, outbound process requires product from difference AA to have difference POSC, whereas inbound process is comparatively simple... but if there is huge requirements from customer that they want inbound process to have the same functionality, it can also happen..

Vic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in the outbound process we have Pick-HU and 2-step picking functionalities, which create new tasks in the background on the fly. This is why I understand the POSC must be at the higher level - at the level of WOCR, so the process can be applied to these subsequent tasks.

Let's see if Juergen joins :-).

Petr