cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in PA40

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

i am running transaction PA40 and getting error message as mentioned down in org assignment.

Enter data for payroll past (retroactive accounting)

Please tell me why this error is coming ?

thank you : traun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You are hiring the employee before the retro active accounting date set on the Control Record against payroll area which you have been selected at the time to PA40 run in the Organizational Assignment infotype.

Do the hire after the retroactive accounting date which is set in control record.

Hoping this is the error.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sankarsan,

you are right i checked payroll area that is for feb month and hiring is for jan. should i delete payroll area? and make again

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

but sankarsan,

if i delete py area and again try to configure then why it is not taking from 01.01.2015 as payroll period should be one month previous to go live. pls check the print screen.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its not based upon payroll period. Check th earliest retro active accounting date in control record.

Regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sankarsan,

my earliest retro is 06 2014 (01.06.2014).

pls suggest.

thankyou

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In PA40 check the date of IT1 while executing. T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

After creating the Payroll Area select the option "Release for Payroll" then the payroll period will change to 1.1.2015 to 31.1.2015.

Thanks,

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sir,

date is 01.01.2015.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sir,

i did the same but it is taking 01.12.2014 to 31.12.2014

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have u created control record. Check in which status is it.

regards,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sir,

i create control record it is in released for payroll

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it for new employee hiring or old employee's new action you are executing?

Share the error screenshot where you are getting this message.

Regard,

Sankarsan

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sir,

it is for new emp hiring from date 01012015

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Share the error screenshot where you are getting error while running PA40.

Regards,

Sankarsan

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. The message "Enter data for payroll past (retroactive accounting)" is not an error message normally.  It would be only a warning for the user that the data being entered is for a past period as compared to the employee' payroll area's control record.

So please check if it is an error or warning.

2. To maintain employee data in PA30 or PA40, the employee's payroll area can not be "released for payroll"  status; it can be in correction or exit status.

So before executing PA40, set the payroll status to correction.

3. After changes are made for all employees in the payroll area, you may execute time evaluation for all employees.

4. If any further employee data changes are required; if so go back to maintain data, then to step 3.

5. Usually payroll simulation is executed to check for any payroll processing errors; again if necessary, to maintain employee data, then step 3.

6. Release the payroll area.

7. Run payroll;

8  Run reports - a)payroll reconciliation, b)employee payments/deductions exceptions, c)simulation of posting, bank transfers;  and any other as per your company's needs

9. If necessary, correct any data (after payroll status set to correction) or/& config,

then steps 5, 6, 7 & 8.

Notes:

a. There should be no need for huge amounts of hard copy printing.  As far as possible, reports should be in soft copies or archived and they can be routed to the appropriate department/user for necessary action;

b.  There are several archival/retrieval facilities in SAP and 3rd party software. Reports can be retrieved when required with suitable search facility.   The archival can be set with time limits, thus minimizing storage needs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sir,

thankyou.

so i leave this message. please guide me for another problem as i am setting peyroll period which is one month previous to go live but here problem is my payroll period is not increasing by 1  month.

please help me.

thankyou

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun

Please close this thread and start a new one for payroll period

regards

Answers (0)