Error in PA40
i am running transaction PA40 and getting error message as mentioned down in org assignment.
Enter data for payroll past (retroactive accounting)
Please tell me why this error is coming ?
thank you : traun
1. The message "Enter data for payroll past (retroactive accounting)" is not an error message normally. It would be only a warning for the user that the data being entered is for a past period as compared to the employee' payroll area's control record.
So please check if it is an error or warning.
2. To maintain employee data in PA30 or PA40, the employee's payroll area can not be "released for payroll" status; it can be in correction or exit status.
So before executing PA40, set the payroll status to correction.
3. After changes are made for all employees in the payroll area, you may execute time evaluation for all employees.
4. If any further employee data changes are required; if so go back to maintain data, then to step 3.
5. Usually payroll simulation is executed to check for any payroll processing errors; again if necessary, to maintain employee data, then step 3.
6. Release the payroll area.
7. Run payroll;
8 Run reports - a)payroll reconciliation, b)employee payments/deductions exceptions, c)simulation of posting, bank transfers; and any other as per your company's needs
9. If necessary, correct any data (after payroll status set to correction) or/& config,
then steps 5, 6, 7 & 8.
a. There should be no need for huge amounts of hard copy printing. As far as possible, reports should be in soft copies or archived and they can be routed to the appropriate department/user for necessary action;
b. There are several archival/retrieval facilities in SAP and 3rd party software. Reports can be retrieved when required with suitable search facility. The archival can be set with time limits, thus minimizing storage needs.