SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fund Center derivation based on PM order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Our requirement is that Fund Center should be derived from the cost center field (location tab) in the PM order. I am using function module FMDT_READ_MD_ORDER to achieve the result. I am getting the result but it is disturbing my process orders creation as there is no cost center field in process order master

I want to make a condition based on PM order type. what is the best option. Can i use the following

First derivation rule . update Order Type to USERTEMP1

Second derivation rule: call FMDT_READ_MD_ORDER and put a condition to check USERTEMP1 is PM order types

Please advise. Will it affect any other area

Lincy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, the way you described would be most common practice to deal with this requirement. You read the relevant data through built-in function module (or user-exit) and put the value in temporarily field. Then, in the next rule you base FM derivation on that field.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, the way you described would be most common practice to deal with this requirement. You read the relevant data through built-in function module (or user-exit) and put the value in temporarily field. Then, in the next rule you base FM derivation on that field.

Regards,

Eli

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lincy,

I agree with Eli, it should work. I just have something else to add here.

In case you change the original Cost Center in Location Tab, field Funds Center will not be re-derived automatically. You can check my SAP Note 1268001 item 2 that shows the customizing for PM (and other areas also) and a suggestion of exit (item 2.c) if you want the change to be automatic. The information there is valid even if you are not receiving the error mentioned in the Note.

I hope this helps.

Regards, Vanessa.