cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating the SAP IDM Provisioning Framework

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Laurent,

I know this has been posted and answered for some time but reading the documentation on how to upgrade the provisioning framework is not really clear to me what will happen and I am hoping you have the experience now to help me (importing the SAP Provisioning Framework.mcc file).

Reading the documentation it sounds like the whole provisioning framework from SAP should have been disabled and renamed during implementation but all I have done is use the SAP framework and put the custom tasks in a different folder.

In the identity center I have the provisioning framework folder and underneath I have custom tasks, core and connector folders.  Do you know if I import the new .mcc file will it overwrite my custom tasks folder and effectively delete it?

Many thanks,

Andy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andy,

I branched this off as a new question. Take a look at these documents as a start.

Updating the SAP Provisioning Framework Version 2 - SAP NetWeaver Identity Management Provisioning F...

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001230022010E

However, the basic process is just to import it.  You should make sure that you have backups first.  Note that there are some options when importing that will help you through controlling what gets overwritten.  Best practice is always to make sure that your active provisioning framework is renamed so that when you import the new version it will not cause conflicts.  I've never really had to upgrade my frameworks so hopefully someone out there will have some "hands on" advice to share.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply. 

To give some context to my request, it was an investigation into some errors in the system logs that were documented in an OSS note.  The OSS note acknowledged the errors and states they are resolved by patching the provisioning framework.

However I am nervous about importing the new files for the reasons you state, I am uncertain if it will delete what is there and mess up all of the job numbers and hook tasks.

The only way I can find out is by doing the task but this could totally take down the development system.  Hence I was hoping someone had previous experience of doing it already who could advise!

Regards,

Andy

Updating the Provisioning Framework - SAP NetWeaver Identity Management for SAP System Landscapes: C...

terovirta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have your custom tasks in another folder than SAP PF then you should be fine.

The import should only broke the links between PF tasks and your custom tasks but last time I did this (an year ago switching from Sp8 and the original PF to Sp9 and PF2) also the custom tasks that were linked to PF got messed up and had to rekey them. First time over the years the PF upgrade did something like this.

If in doubt just copy your own tasks to another folder and export your configuration to your disk as a back-up.

(Or maybe spend just an hour testing it by creating another IdM DB with the current version you have, install MMC, import your config, upgrade DB and MMC and see what happens.)

regards, Tero