cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop down list for event message field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I am struggling trying to have a dropdown list in an event message pop-up.

I do not have any problem to put it on the selection fields but I cannot find how to do it in event message.

I saw you can use a search help, but if it possible I would really prefer a drop down list.

Has anyone already done that ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Perrine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Perrine,

I can see send event message popup has functionality of drop down (but not through config).

To check, can you paste the screen shot what you are really looking for.

We may help you what you want to achieve.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gopi,

There is a screen shot of my current event message pop-up.

There are 3 fields to fill-up :

- the inspection status, which updates a customed field at event level

- the actual date which updates the event date

- the reason which updates event reason.

Thank you !

Perrine

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Perrine,

what is Insp. Status and Reason in the backend?

e.g. Reason Code should work: LTL_DELIV

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Perrine,

If I am right, please go to below config.

IMG -> Event Management -> Event Messages, Status Queries, and Web Interface -> Event Message Parameters -> Define Event Message Parameters -> Define and assign value sets for event message parameters.

The Send Event Messages Popup list of values configured in the Value Sets for Event messages parameters.

Please check and let me know.

You check this discussion and it is coming as drop down.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

I tried to do so but the problem is the field I created is not available for message field.

Regards,

Perrine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steffen,

The field Inspection status is a field I added to the event message header. It can only have to values. I agree that you can use reasons to have a drop down list but I have a "real" reason that has to be populated with a free text.

Can I use two fields "reason" ? I am affraid it is going to populate the same field in the event message header.

Maybe I can switch the use of each of this field and put them back in the right field thanks to ABAP code but that does not seem like a clean solution. If there is a simplest way, it is better ^^.

Regards,

Perrine

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Perrine,

to update an Event Message you have to use the Parameter Structure of the Event Message.

You can check profile ODT30_SHIPPER_FU.

-> DELAYED_FU how you can update an Event Message Parameter.

It is also explained here:

Event Management

Event Messages, Status Queries, Web Interface and EM OData Service

Event Message Parameters

Define Event Message Parameters

Drop-Down is there not possible i think as the link to the concrete parameter with the value set is missing. But i will cross check with a colleague.

F4-Help should be possible.   

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Perrine,

1. Create Z Event Message extension table with all your custom fields inspection status & reason code  (e-g refer /SAPTRX/EVMIDIMG -> Event Management -> Event Messages, Status Queries, and Web Interface -> Event Message Parameters -> Define Extension Table for Event Message Header)

2. Create Z Ext. Table ID in IMG -> Event Management -> Event Messages, Status Queries, and Web Interface -> Event Message Parameters -> Define Extension Table for Event Message Header -> Event Message Header Extension -> Assign created Z Event message extension table

3. Define and Assign mapping profile in IMG -> Event Management -> Event Messages, Status Queries, and Web Interface -> Event Message Parameters -> Define Parameter Mapping for Event Messages (e-g PTA10_ID)

4. And Follow my first reply.

Check and let us know.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

What you described is what I did, but I still cannot use directly the event parameter in the message fields.

In fact, I mayhave not been clear enough about taht but I have a solution that currently work for this point but without the drop down list:

- Insp. status is currently a group that contain a parameter name, parameter value, parameter type...

- this parameter is then mapped with the event message parameter and it is populated correctly.

My current problem is to improve the current solution by proposing a drop-down list. According to Steffen answer, I think I will go for the F4 solution after all.

But if I missunderstood your solution let me know.

Regards

Perrine