cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Route Determination on STO (Receiving plant and supplying plant same)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have two different STO type,

• same supplying plant
  • same receiving plant, receiving debit to PO assigned account, not inventory, so we don't maintain storage location
  • same materials.

The requirement from warehouse: They want the two types STO link to two different Route. ( we have many plants, which based on transportation zone, link to different route already)

I tried maintained  shipping condition on the sales order type DL, which suppose copy to the delivery order type DL, but it seems not working.

The shipping condition still copy from the ship to part (receiving plant).

Any suggestion for this case.

Thanks in advance.

Jaeny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

I find it difficult to understand the issue but I understand the requirement. If you mention a specific shipping condition in the sales document (STO or sales order) then the route determination entries should give you the desired route based on said shipping conditions. (meaning maintain a different route for the different shipping conditions in the route determination config and you will get different routes even though its the same source and destination transportation zones)

What is "sales order type DL" and what is "delivery order type DL" ?

And what does "shipping condition still copy from the ship to part (receiving plant)"?

That is the part I don't understand in your query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaco,

Thank you to reply me. Delivery type is NL, rather than DL (sorry mistake)

I am trying to use shipping condition which assign on sales order to separate the route.

So create a new Stock transport Delivery order type ZNL by copy the standard one NL.

And create a sales order type ZDL and assign the copy control (standard is DL link to NL), and set shipping condition type on new sales order type ZDL,

but it turns out the shipping condition still come from the ship to party rather than sales order, and route keep no change.

So if STO not follow the rules : shipping condition not from sales order , only from ship to party?

Besides, any other suggestion for this case?

Thank you

Janey

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not really sure what you want you tell about sales order, a STO process does not even have a sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

To simplify the question:

Only STO order type different, other elements: supplying/receiving plants, material code are all same.

How can we default a different route on shipping tab based on different STO type?

Janey

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

define your logic in a user exit, see OSS note 303453 - User exits for shipping data determination in STO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thank you for the note. I has forwarded to a developer to look into this user exit. But meanwhile, I found this note   118321 shipping condition in stock transport order. http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/118321

I tried use the shipping condition default from sales order to determine a route, but it doesn't work. Anything missing, copy control requirement wrong or ...?

I still want to figure out why it doesn't work/

kindly help

Janey

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the note I gave you is basis for the note that you mentioned.

Answers (0)