Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ariba catalog integration with SRM 7 - Available Territories

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Could you please advise whether anyone had a successful integration of Ariba with the following

CustomFilterQuery - AvailableTerritories = () which will filter the items in Ariba catalog

I am having a concern with AvailableTerritories where it is not filtering the items based on the available territory upon integration with SRM 7 since we were using the apostrophe symbol in SRM 5 (AvailableTerritories = ('AA') and in SRM 7 - the behavior is being changed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

/SAPSRM/CL_CH_WD_INBOUND_HDLR

IF_HTTP_EXTENSION~HANDLE_REQUEST

*       escape ' to ''' if any

REPLACE ALL OCCURRENCES OF '''' IN <ls_field>-value WITH

'&apos;'.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Could you please advise whether anyone has came across this scenario or any other suggestions which will help us in moving forward in the right direction. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_wood2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathi,

I work for The Walt Disney Company and we are facing the same issue.  I currently have a high incident open with SAP.  Once we get a resolution I will reply here with solution.  I am hoping to have resolution early next week.

Best Regards,

Michael

bharathi_ponnusamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Sorry for not updating the resolution. It is been resolved from our side and the resolution is as below.

In the web service ID of the catalog, I hope you are using the CustomFilterQuery where you are passing the AvailableTerritories field.

Ariba recommends that you encode this field value using the Base64 encoding scheme and append the encoded value to @ARIBAHEADER@.

For example, if the encoded value of AvailableTerritories = ('US') is QXZhaWxhYmxlVGVycml0b3JpZXMgPSAoJ0RFJykgQU5

then enter, @ARIBAHEADER@QXZhaWxhYmxlVGVycml0b3JpZXMgPSAoJ0RFJykgQU5.

To convert any values to Base64 encoding, please use the below link

Base64 Decode and Encode - Online

Please refer the below link from Ariba connect site for further details

https://connect.ariba.com/AC_Content_Details_Page/1,,161_159915,00.html

To make the web-service ID CustomFilterQuery more understandable, you can keep the same format - AvailableTerritories = ('US') and do the enhancement in your BADI - BBP_CAT_CALL_ENRICH where you can use this below piece of code to convert the values.

cl_http_utility=>IF_HTTP_UTILITY~ENCODE_BASE64

Kindly revert if you need any further help.

Best Regards,

Bharathi

michael_wood2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you so very much for sharing  this solution. It has resolved our issues.

Best Regards,

Michael.

Answers (0)