cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device History Preferences

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to give access to the Device History tab in User Prefererence Maintenance.  When I look at the database I only see VIEW in the Activity_Perm_Setting table.

How do you control VIEW vs SAVE in the Permissions field to allow the users to control their settings or change the default settings for the Device History report or even change the settings for users for this report?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paul

You can ignore this table. View and Save functionality was never implemented in ME - if you have access to the activity and your NW role is not read only, then you can save.

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

The behavior I am seeing is the following:

1.  SAP_ME_USER role is assigned to user

2.  Custom group in User Group Maintenance has the EN065 activity with access to it

3.  User can access the EN065 activity

- User uses password to activate the tabs

- the DeviceHistory tab is greyed out

If I log in using an account with the Administrator role I can edit it.

It appears any user groups created from scratch do not have access to the Device History tab even if they have access to the Device History Report.

Is this a bug?  If so, I can open up a message with SAP support.

andrew_hopwood
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

There was an issue fixed in 15.0.2 and 6.1.4 a few months ago where access to the DHR tab in User Preferences depended on having permission to Supervisor Work Assignment, so you can apply the latest patch or assign permission for the workaround in your current version.

Regards,

Andrew.

former_member182330
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

Andrew is right. Please see note 2114610 for details. The issue was fixed in 6.1.4 patch 38.

Regards,

Konstantin Chernega

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

williamson
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can change the defaults within the device history tab of User Preference Maintenance

Thanks

Steve