cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Connect to database MS SQL Server Native Client error 11.0 Login Failed for user, Please contact your administrator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on SQL Server 2008 R2 and our application is built on Sybase PowerBuilder 12.0 and this a client server application.

Whenever we are trying to connect from client machine to server machine through Windows Authentication we are getting error like below,

Cannot Connect to database SQLERRTEXT.SQLSTATE = 28000 Microsoft SQL Server Native Client error 11.0 Login Failed for user, Please contact your administrator.

We have taken maximum care in connectivity string like below for Windows Authentication,

DBParm=PROVIDER='SQLNCLI11',DATASOURCE='XXX\SQLEXPRESS2008',PROVIDERSTRING='DataBase=XXXXX',IntegratedSecurity='SSPI'"

We have also configured the server Authentication mode in,

Windows Authentication

Windows and SQL Server Authentication.

But our all efforts are getting failed to establish a connection through Windows Authentication whereas the connectivity is fine when we use SQL Server Authentication.

Please help us to get this error resolved ASAP. We are looking only for Windows Authentication only.

NOTE: Our client machine is Windows 8 and our Server runs on Windows 7. So whenever we are executing application from Windows 8, the above error message is coming.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SQL Client we use to connect to SQL Server 2008 R2 is SQLNCLI10.  I don't think PB 12 supports driver SQLNCLI11 (which is SQL 2012 I believe).

arnd_schmidt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have already configured your Logins in the Security of the MS SQL Server?

Some example... Login and User security in SQL Server 2008 - YouTube

It's more than just adding a feature in the Server properties.

Former Member
0 Kudos

So what are all of the other values you use to populate your transaction object?  Is this just an issue when running on a W8 machine (and your W7 machines have no problem)? Is this a new problem?  Do you have the IDE and have been able to successfully connect to this instance (remotely) using it? Can you connect from this W8 machine to the instance using SSMS or some other program (e.g., Excel)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

And another note - other than the attempt to use windows authentication, the transaction object settings for the working (sql server authentication) case are exactly the same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhartha ;

=> Our client machine is Windows 8 and our Server runs on Windows 7

I do not believe that this will work unless both machines are in a domain controlled by Active Directory services. Is that the case in your situation?

=> DATASOURCE='XXX\SQLEXPRESS2008'

I suspect that you will have to turn on TC/IP support in SS for this to work from a remote client to an express version of SS.

Regards .... Chris