cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change status for 18 million messages in the Integration Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there!

I have the following situation and I wonder that maybe you could help. Currently I have more than 18 million messages for the BC_XMB object in the Integration Engine for a BI System (connected to a PI system).

The problem here is that the archiving/deletion jobs in this BI system are faulty since maybe a couple of years ago and all of these messages are marked as "Archivable":

What I'm trying to do here is to change the status for these 18 million messages from "can be archived" to "to be deleted" since there is no way that I can archive this 18 million messages (filesystem capacity). I've been looking many option but I cannot figure out how to do it.

Maybe, if you know an alternative way to do this, I will be very pleased to hear it.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Carlos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carlos,

Please check

1. Transaction SA38 or SE38, enter report name (RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES/RSXMB_DELETE_ARCHIVED_MESSAGES), execute.

2. In next screen a form is provided for input values, we need to save a variant of it. Enter the values and press “Ctrl + s”, option will be given to save variant. Save it as “Test”.

3. Go again SA38, enter report name  click on “Background” give variant “Test” and click ‘Execute Immed’.

4. This job can be seen in job monitoring in transaction “SM37”.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu!

Thanks a lot for your answer. The "RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES" report doesn't have a second screen with options, so I executed it with the default options.

I understand that the report will take many hours to complete, as soon as I have news I will let you know.

regards

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu!

The "RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES" report took a lot less time that I was expecting. It only deleted 22,397 messages. I still have all the messages that are waiting to be archived and then to be deleted.

regards

Carlos.

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carlos,

If you schedule a job, it will delete all the messages. (SE38 menu Program - Execute - Background).

Job Scheduling Wizard - Background Processing - SAP Library

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghu.

I've done the following:

1. I've executed SE38 tx code.

2. I've entered the "RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES" report as "Program"

3. As the "RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES" report does not have a selection screen, it must be executed with default parameters. So, I selected "Program -> Execute -> Background".

4. There are no available variants, so I clicked on the "Execute immed." button.

5. The job starts. I can monitor it on the SM37 tx code.

6. It only deleted 20 messages.

What I get from this, is that the "RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES" report cannot delete the big part of the messages since them are marked as "Archivable" and not as "Archived".

what do you think of it??

regards

Carlos.

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carlos,

If messages are marked as 'Delete' in table SXMSPMAST (transaction se11), they will be deleted in background job. I was able delete huge number of messages, long time back.

SAP Document link.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Raghu.

That's exactly my problem. I need to find a way to change this status in the mentioned tables.

As you can see, the ITFACTION field is fixed to "ARCH":

How can I change it??  Should I do it directly in the DB? Should it be OK??

regards

Carlos

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carlos,

Please check

"Simple Deletion Procedure:

The simple deletion procedure deletes all XML messages flagged for deletion or archiving from the database tables in records."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again Raghu!

Currently this is the situation: The Switch Procedure was activated for this system and all of the data were inside the secondary tables (SXMSPMAST2, etc.).

So, I executed the deletion procedure (RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES and RSXMB_TABLE_SWITCH). The job has been running for 93,616 seconds (26 hours) and has copied 3,201,788 messages.

What I was expecting is that the Switch Procedure only copies an small amount of messages (the ones on the retention period) and then drop the secondary tables (deleting 18 million messages). But no, for some reason that I cannot understand I believe that the Switch Procedure is going to copy these 18 million messages.

As the documents you have sent, I also understand that the messages should be deleted. But this is not happening.

Why?? Am I missing something??

thanks

Carlos

RaghuVamseedhar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carlos,

I don't know exact solution. Let's hope other PI experts will pitch-in with solutions.

Can you please check retention period of interfaces. Page 7 of this doc Link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Already done that. The retention period is set to 1 day for each type of message.

So, let's hope someone jumps in this thread....

thanks a lot for your help!

regards

Carlos