Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Delivery and Storage Location

Chris_2311
Participant
0 Kudos

hey everybody,

this is our status quo:

we create a outbound delivery based on a sales order & at the end of the creation of the delivery we are doing the goods issue immediately to do the material movement. we do that, because we need a material document for the physical packer in the storage. at the start of the physical packing he gives this material document to the person in the warehouse and this person picks the needed material.

we need a solution for our new scenario:

in the future we want use handling units within deliverys. in these HU's we want to pack the material included in the delivery note.

here are the steps:

1. outbound delivery creation

2. we need a material movement (material document) from one storage location (A) to an other storage location (B)

3. the packer is packing the material physical and within SAP in the new created handling units

4. when the packing operation is finished, the packer gives information to SD person and the goods issue will be done. material movement will be done from the storage location (B).

does anyone has an idea for us?

another information: we don't want to do the material movement manually

best regards & TIA

chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

As per standard SAP , once you assign the storage location in OUTBOUND DELIVERY, system will tend to pick the storage location assigned to it.

But as per your client requirement, you need to do the transfer posting from one storage location to other storage location and then you would like to post the "Goods issue" from the new storage location.

If it has to be done, you need to update the "Outbound delivery"  with new storage location before posting the  goods issue.

Is there any business advantage with this new process,If  so i can suggest you one work around if you are doing transfer posting with respect to "Each out bound delivery"

Details  as Follows:

Step-1:

While transferring the stock from one storage location to other storage location(Movement type:311 single step), mention the out bound delivery number in "Document header text" or "Material Slip".

Step-2:

Then take a report of those transfer posting documents and then update all the outbound deliveries for new storage location.To update in mass, you can set BDC with the help of ABAPER

Step:3

Then do "Post goods issue".

Regards,

pardhu

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the outbound delivery proccess the SAP logic is to first pick the delivery and then post the GI. In your current process it is the opposite, the picking comes after the GI. In your new scenarion the GI comes after picking, however, as per my best knowledge the stock transfer step again is not covered by any standard solution.

If there's an external storage system, then - in my opinion - a more natural solution would be to send transfer order/picking data to it instead of material document.

Even if you dont want to use SAP WM or lean WM for your SAP storage location (and connect it to the external storage system), the standard SAP solution (in case of MM-IM) is to send the pick requests:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/52/16ab48543311d1891c0000e8322f96/content.htm

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Why do you have a material movement from SL-A to SL-B, after the creation of delivery note..?

In std procedure, after creating the delivery note, then do picking, then packing and then GI. these can be done at one go, or just one process at a time.

can u give more details about ur requirement

Regards

Jobi

Chris_2311
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jobi,

at first, thanks for your reply!

We need this material movement, cause we need a material movement IDOC for our kardex shuttle system. This IDOC tells our shuttle storage system where to pick the material out of the shuttle.

I hope you understand what i mean?

Our warehouse manager don't want manual material movements for this operations, so i need a automation for this process.

Best regards

Chris