cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zebra printing not coming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have configured zebra printer settings in SPAD and output device type selected YZB200 for Zebra printer GT 820 as per note 1173046.

While i am taking printout from LP01, the smartform is clearly printiing, but when i want to print from ZEBRA (output device name) it is coming in text jumbled format.

Can anyone suggest me on this please.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

if you would print to the frontend, Access Method G should be used instead of Access Method F.

Access Method F uses an old and depricated technology, which has been replaced by Access Method G.

Can you scan an incorrect output where unreadable text is printed and insert it into your next reply, so I can see what is actually printed?

Best regards,

Laszlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laszlo,

I have tried your option but even the output is not coming correctly.

Please find the attached output of smartform and suggest.

Regards,

PM

michael_ruth3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Praveen, The problem lies in the printer device itself. It's been awhile since I've worked with Zebra printers but it's either a driver needed for the device or configuration settings on the printer.

Laszlo_B
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Praveen,

thanks for the scan. This is the Zebra Programming Language which is printed on the paper. This means that the code wasn't interpreted by the printer.

As Michael stated, currently this seems to be a driver problem: if a Zebra printer can not "understand" the Zebra Programming Language, something is missing during printing.

Contact your Zebra vendor so they can check where exactly the problem is. As an immediate relief, you can use Device Type SAPWIN (with Access Method G).

When Device Type SAPWIN is used, the Windows printer driver will actually finish the printing. The driver problem might interfere with the SAPWIN-solution too, but it can be tested whether a new spool request created with SAPWIN can correctly print on the Zebra printer.

Best regards,

Laszlo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laszlo,

Thank you for your inputs.

Actually Zebra printer already configured just we are trying to print it on another HP printer.

So the format is coming like that.

Now we are okay with the Zebra printer and we are able to get the print out without any issue.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

BR,

PM

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PM

In which SAP printing method followed?  Try to configure the printer in SAPSPrint method

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

Tried SAPSPrint method (S: Print Using SAP Protocol), spool is created but saplpd screen not opened and the Status is waiting, status text is: Output device unavailable.

Thanks,

PM

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PM

Kindly follow the steps to configure the SAP SPrint in SAP & destination host system.

1. SAP Sprint installation steps on any one of the windows system -

2. From you SAP system using the transaction code- SPAD,

Output device name - ABCDEF - In SAP output device name

Short Name  Mxxx -

device type - Zebra - Based on the SAP note

Access method tab -

Host spool access method - S

Host printer name - Zebra_01 - As example name Where your are install the SAP Sprint server in that you have to configure the Zebra printer.

Destination host - XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX - IP address of the SAPSprint & Zebra printer configuration host

Regards

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

Installed SAP Sprint on my destination host system, but still getting the same error.

I want to print from F method instead of S.

Please suggest. Thank you for your inputs.

BR,

PM