cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does IDM System Privilege and Account Privilege gets created with visibility "owner" only?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing issue with Privileges in IDM. I have integrated my SAP IDM with Non-SAP Java systems.

While executing the "Create Account Privilege" and "Create System Privilege" during Intial Load, the privileges are created with Entry Visibility (option available on Visiblity Tab) as "Owner Only"

As a result, when I try to search the privilege on IDM UI, it does not give any result.

When I manually set this option to "All" and then check on IDM UI, it is available.

Is there any way, the newly created Account Privilege and System Privilege comes with Visibility Option of "All" by default?

Thanks & Regards,

V!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Steffi_Warnecke
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello V,

have a look at the "MXAC_ENTRY" attribute. The description should help you a lot.

BUT the system privilege should stay untouched, because you don't need to manage that one from the UI. IDM will handle it itself.

But you can change the settings for the only-privilege, if you want to. We have just added the IDM administrator business role as an owner there, so that normal users can't see the privileges (as they don't need to and this way can't delete accounts by accident), but the administrators can.

Regards,

Steffi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. It was silly of me to ignore the description as the answer was available right there

I had been trying to figure out this since couple of weeks.

You are right with regards to System Privilege and will set it to Owner only as we do not want anyone to touch it

Thanks a lot for your help

jaisuryan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi V,

Please mark Steffi's answer as correct answer and close the thread. So as to help others reading the post. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Jai

Answers (0)