Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Vendor details through Screen Personas

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am trying to get hands on experience in Screen Personas and while trying to work on display vendor details in one screen getting error.

First, I am trying display XK03 details in one screen and I am going step by step (first to display address details), before I include all information in one Screen.

Clarifications:

1.       In XK03, I want to make certain check box (General Data & Accounting info) as selected and make it as “Default”.

2.       I want to make Company Code as default “1000”.

3.       And from next screen, I want to copy Address details in first screen.

If you can help me, that would be of great help.

Please find below screenshot of Script

Screenshot of Vendor screen.

Please let me know what mistake I am doing.

Regards,

Srikanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In step 4, you are pasting the vendor number into the wrong object. Use the object picker to select the correct target field...

Steve.

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Can you please help me out on this how to use object picker and I dont have much idea on this... your help is appreciated.

Regards,

Srikanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the script editor, in the Paste action you have in step 4, click on the target object, currently "ses[0]" in your script. It should look like this:

The arrow at the right-hand end is the object picker. Click on that and you can then select the screen element you want to paste the value into. In XK03 I'd expect that to be "ses[0]/wnd[0]/usrUSRAREA/ctxtRF02KLIFNR".

Steve.

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your help. After maintaining that, I am getting another error in Step 9 from the same script.

Regards,

Srikanth

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Following on from Steve's response, I note that in step 2 of the script, again you have not specified where the 'Vendor' Value is to be copied from. Again, you need to use the object picker to specify this.

The screenshot supplied looks as though the vendor has not been entered so perhaps this could explain why you are getting the error message as the address is not displaying hence Control is unknown?

regards,

Ian

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ian & Steve,

Thanks for your help.

I made changes to the script and now I am getting the value as required. But, I need a small help in the script.

After entering the vendor name and if I press enter, it goes to the actual vendor screen and I need to stop it. Can you please help me, how to make changes. Attached script for your reference.

Regards,

Srikanth

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If that is the complete script, then it ends once you have copied the address fields. I think what you need at this point is to return to your main screen after copying the values and paste them into your target fields.

After step 14 in your script you need to push the green back button so try adding this to your script:

in step 15.

This will return you to your main screen where you will then need to paste all your address fields into the relevant target fields.

I hope I have understood your issue correctly.

Regards,

Ian

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

I did the same as you mentioned, but, I didn't attach screenshot for your reference. I have attached below screenshot with continuation and even after that doing that, when I press enter it goes to main vendor display (Address) screen.

Regards,

Srikanth

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

I think I understand you now. When you press enter, it goes to the vendor display address screen instead of running the script?

Have you linked the script to the enter vendor number field?

If not, click in the vendor number area:

then click the link button:

You will see this:

Again, use the object picker to select your script button.

Then Press Link:

And save.

This way when you press enter it should run the script for you.

Again, I apologise if I have misunderstood you.

regards,

Ian

Srikanth02
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the help, it worked . Can you help me how to make certain fields as default values and also check box as default.

Regards,

Srikanth

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

For the check box (in his case for example the Address, select the field 

and then click on the properties button and change the IsSelected to be true:

For default values, one way would be to record the values in the script so they get populated the with the same values whenever the script is executed. Thats what I tend to do. I also then hide them if they are always the same.

Other users on here will no doubt have other ways to have default values as well.

Regards,

Ian

Answers (0)