Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transalation of Flavour

former_member193190
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have been trying translating the flavour in personas 2.0 following the link:

But during translation I faced a issue the length of the target text depends upon its original text in source language, therefore the targeted text get eliminated from the end, only certain length of text is allowed to enter.

Is there any solution this?

Thanks in advance!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This situation is similar to any other screen development process where you have to think about translation. To cater to possibly longer texts in various languages, you have to define the screen objects (labels, buttons, group boxes etc.) with sufficiently long texts in the original language during development. You can do this by adding blanks at the end of a label, then you will have enough space for translation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamas,

ok.

In one of the threads on this topic you have recommended to use SOTR_EDIT to increase the length during translation, is it still valid? Why SOTR_EDIT solution is not proposed here, are you aware of any issues with this solution?

Regards,

Avinash

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

To be honest, I didn't use SOTR_EDIT to translate flavors, it just seemed to be one way to take care of SOTR object translation. So try to test that scenario and share your experience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any help on this please?