Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing datasource for BICS connection based WebI report

former_member204024
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to change the BEx query source of my dataprovider.  The grammar given in the User guide is

GET <webiURL>/documents/10554/dataproviders/mappings?originDataproviderIds=DP0,DP1&targetDatasourceId=10326;Z_BOBJ;AAQUERY_RESTRICT_KF

After few research I am able to find the following details in the above grammar

10326;Z_BOBJ;AAQUERY_RESTRICT_KF

<BICS Connection ID>;<Query Technical name>;<?>

I couldn't figure out the third part in the above string.

Without that third part when I try to send the get request to the restful server.  I got the attached mapping result

Since everything is mapped successfully, I tried to get the parameter list by posting this mapping as pay load in my post request.

I got "The changesource operation has failed. Please verify the pertinency of the mappings and retry." as the response.  Where am I going wrong, it is due to missing third option.

Kindly clarify.  I am on SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 Support Pack 3. Version: 14.1.3.1257

Regards,

Subramanian S.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subramanian,

Did you look at this documentation section?

http://help.sap.com/saphelpiis_sbo41sp5wi-sdk/frameset.htm?ec55c1b56fdb101497906a7cb0e91070.html#

Best regards,

Anthony

former_member204024
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

My environment is down for SP5 upgrade.  So I couldn't test the above suggestion.  Will keep you posted tomorrow.

Is it due to my SP3, I am getting the error when I try to change the query? 

I am able to get the proposal for query change.  When I post the response as payload I am getting "Please verify the pertinency of the mappings and retry".

Regards,

Subramanian S.

former_member197386
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subramanian,

I'm not sure about the origin of your specified error you faced currently but I'm sure we have checkin a lot of improvements on the change source feature.

Best regards,

Anthony

Answers (0)