Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Email template in C4C?

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Could you please let me know how to create Email template to use the same in Email campaign?

Regards

Maddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meddy,

Please check the below document:

Regards,

Anil Poply

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Thank you for your answer.

Email and fax settings in fine-tune activity, test email is sent successfully and the mail got arrived to inbox.

I had created the email template and activated it. After that, I gave my email id as recipient id and tried sending a test email, mail is sent successfully but not reached to my inbox. 

Could you please help me why my email template's test email is not reaching to recipient.

Regards,

Maddy

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maddy,

Can you once confirm the test E-mail from the fine tune activity E-mail and Fax setting?

I guess you must check the configuration under this fine tune activity under the view E-Mail and Fax Settings.

1. Check if you have maintained the domain to be used for sending e-mail.

2. E-Mail and Fax Delivery in a Non-Productive System. (First Radio Button to send the e-mail to Business Partner should be checked)

Hope this helps.,

Regards,

Chandan

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

Thank you for your response.

Test email from fine-tune activity in fax and settings is sent successfully. 

1. Check if you have maintained the domain to be used for sending e-mail.  -  Maintained the domain in allowed domains for sender email already.

2. E-Mail and Fax Delivery in a Non-Productive System. (First Radio Button to send the e-mail to Business Partner should be checked)  -  Done

But still the email template's test email is not arrived to inbox though it is sent successfully.

Regards,

Maddy

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maddy,

Are you trying to trigger the Campaign? If so you will have to activate the mass E-mailing for your tenant. If so check the below document.

Regards,

Chandan

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chandan,

Thank you very much.

Let me check with our network administrator for the info you suggested.  I will update you soon on this.

Regards,

Maddy

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maddy,

I am not sure if the test e-mailing from here requires this to be activated. But when you say Campaign, it requires Mass E-mail to be activated.

The document that I have shared with you have the information on Mass E-mailing activation. It is not activated for the tenants initially but you have to request SAP to initiate for your tenant.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chandan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member230455
Participant
0 Kudos

For sending the email .it is required to build good email newsletter.

This document deals how to create email template in SAP C4c

as well as how to build newsletter in user machine .

steps are as follows to utilize the capability of Email template in Cloud for customer:

step 1:Create Newsletter

step 2:Enable Content Workcenter for your Business Role

step 3:Steps to create Email template in cloud for customer

Create Newsletter :

you can create email newsletter by using differnt freetool and by using html coding .

it depends on you hoe you want to create .

Enable the 'Content' workcenter for your business role :

Steps to create Email Template in Cloud for customer:

Step 1: Go to Marketing WorkCentre --> Content and choose Email template from New button as described in the following screenshot:

Step 2: Now fill the required information like Name of the template, communication category as described in screenshot below:

Message was edited by: Mohammad iqbal Siddiqui

former_member230455
Participant
0 Kudos

remaining part of answer:

Step 2:

Step 3: In this step, you required to furnish the information like Subject, Email Newsletter, Language. As described in below screenshot language section.

And now, upload your email newsletter that you saved in local machine.

chandansb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Maddy,

Follow below steps.

1) Go to Services --> Templates

2) Select New button to create new template.

4) Enter all require data click on  Save and Open

Let me know if this was helpful.

Regards,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maddy,

You should follow as Mithun and Chandan suggested. For a reference, you can go through with SAP documentation as follows:

Enabling Document-Based E-Mail Templates for Notifications

You can use e-mail notification templates to support a variety of business processes—for example, to send a survey link to customers upon completion of tickets or change notifications to one or more recipients when tickets are created or updated.

The following process is in addition to the workflow notification rules you can define directly in the system. For more information, see Workflow Rules Quick Guide.

In order to enable e-mail notifications, you or your service partner (for example for surveys) must implement the enhancement option, SEND_EMAIL_NOTIFICATION, via the SDK. This is where you define the logic for triggering the e-mail notification, which template to use for the e-mail, the recipient list, and any variables used in the template.

The process described above is depicted in the following figure:

Process for E-Mail Notifications

Tasks

Create a Document-Based E-Mail Template

E-mail templates that are document-based use an HTML file uploaded to the system. These files can use placeholders for business data such as agent or customer name. Templates can be created by administrators or agents in the same way.

1. 1. Go to   Customer Service ( Service ) -> Templates .
  2. 2. Click New.
  3. 3. Enter the template name.
    You can also enter a template description, for example to describe when to use the template.
  4. 4. Select E-Mail as the template's channel type.
  5. 5. Select Document-Based as the template type.
  6. 6. Enter the e-mail Subject line.
  7. 7. Browse to the .html file to be used.
  8. 8. Save your entries.

Implement the Enhancement Option

Once you've created your e-mail templates, you or your service partner need to use the SDK to implement the enhancement option, SEND_EMAIL_NOTIFICATION, to define the following:

• Triggering logic
    The triggering event for sending e-mail notifications can vary depending on the supported business process.
  • Template selection
    You need to create at least one template to be used for e-mail notifications.
  • Recipient list
  • Template variables
    For example, your template may include variables to be filled with system data like the relevant ticket number, a survey link, or the customer ID.

An example implementation is shipped with this enhancement option definition (CL_COD_SR_EMAIL_NOTIFICATION).

You must have at least one e-mail notification template maintained in the system.

This example coding is for a business-to-business scenario and sends the e-mail notification containing the survey link (defined as part of the e-mail notification template) to the contact party of the customer account upon completion of a ticket. The first template in the list is used for sending the e-mail.

Available Placeholders to Include in Templates

Placeholder

Description

#AgentName#

Replaced by the name of the agent assigned to the ticket

#AccountName#

Replaced by the name of the account associated with the ticket

#Status#

Replaced with the status of the ticket

#Description#

Replaced with the description of the ticket

#TicketID#

Replaced with the ID of the ticket

#ContactName#

Replaced with the name of the contact associated with the ticket

#ProductID#

Replaced with the ID of the product associated with the ticket

#CreationDateTime#

Replaced with the date and time when the ticket was created in the system

#ProductDescription#

Replaced with the description of the product associated with the ticket

#ProductSerialNumber#

Replaced with the serial number of the registered product associated with the ticket

#WarrantyID#

Replaced with the ID of the warranty assigned to the ticket

#WarrantyEndDate#

Replaced with the expiration date of the warranty assigned to the ticket

Regards,

Anil Poply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maddy,

Please check the below discussion for more details :

Regards,

Mithun