Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute macro when opening Report in BPC 10.0

former_member285525
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to execute a macro to allow grouping and ungrouping some rows and columns, in a protected EPM Report.

I have developed the following routines, but they continue not to be executed when I open the report.

Sub After_Workbook_Open()

Call grouping

End Sub

Sub grouping()

With Worksheets("IS HEPS BEPS")

.Unprotect "123"

.EnableOutlining = True

.Protect "123", contents:=True, userInterfaceOnly:=True

End With

End Sub

If I execute the macro directly in Excel it works as expected.

Can you help me identifying what may be missing?

Best regards

João Arvanas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member523998
Participant
0 Kudos

This is an old question, but there's not a correct answer that properly addresses the correct steps.

• The typical method of running a macro using excel's Workbook_Open() method will NOT work in EPM.

Solution

Create a macro called after_workbook_Open and make sure it is in the a regular MODULE (i.e. Module1) NOT the workbook module, as one would do when using the standard excel method.

See below (note this particular approach is one I use on almost all templates to ensure that context member formulas are properly updated).

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"excel's Workbook_Open() method will NOT work in EPM" - not 100% correct!

It will work if the file is opened from the regular folder and will not work if opened from BPC server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joao,

Try the below code it should work...

Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Call grouping

End Sub

Sub grouping()

Sheets("IS HEPS BEPS").Unprotect Password:="123"

With Worksheets("IS HEPS BEPS")

.Protect Password:="123", UserInterfaceOnly:=True

.EnableOutlining = True

End With

End Sub

former_member285525
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your code and and mine are working perfectIy, but getting executed whan opening EPM Addin Reports. Nevertheless I discovered what was the problem.

While trying the classical "WORKBOOK_OPEN" String I noticed that some of the actions were being overwritten by EPM Add-In, as the Layout was not yet loaded when the code was executed. The reason for that is, that EPM Add-In functionalities run after the "WORKBOOK_OPEN".

Insert a SUB in a Module that contains the string "AFTER_REFRESH" instead of "WORKBOOK_OPEN" and now it works.

Thanks for your support

João Arvanas