Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preparing Full Text Search(TREX)

ufarooq176
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Guru.

We have installed a search engine such as TREX and RFC Connection is completed. I have entered the document class DMS_PCD1 in T. code (SKPR07) and click the button in “Test search” but no result found.

I have also checked the full text search through cv04n but I found the error (Technical error with document full text search, contact system admin).

Kindly also send me the creating index step by step for DMS.

Need your help in urgent basis.

Best Regards,

Umar Farooq

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Umar,

for setting up the TREX search please read the online documentation at Full Text Search for Original Application Files - Document Management - SAP Library

Regarding the reported error message please see the SCN WIKI page Error 26 505 - Technical error with document full text search - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN W...

Best regards,
Christoph

ufarooq176
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Christoph Hopf,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have gone through both of the link and test as per the steps but result are same. Kindly send me step guide, how can I create the index of original attachment of DIR.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Umar Farooq

SSB
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Umar,

Have you actually performed the indexing of the documents ? Can you see the documents in the Indexed documents section of transaction 'SKPR07'

Regards

S S B

ufarooq176
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi SSB,

Thanks for you prompt reply. When I click the Marked Document.  Then this screen has been popup.

Then I click on Test Search then this message is shown.

I am very thankful to you for your soon reply.

SSB
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Umar

Can you let me know what you see in Indexed Documents ?

Regards

S S B

ufarooq176
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear S S B,

My requirement is full text document search through TREX server using CV04N.

I have no idea about indexing. Following steps use for configuration TREX – DMS Integration.

1. go to SRMO -> crete SSR and test connections over there

2. go to SKPR06  --> maitain entries for DMS

3. Execute report RSTIRIDX_REINDEX  freom se38   if you want to re-index into content server

4.Go to SKPR07  and than click on test Search icon .

Kindly guide me if I am missing some configuration.

Best Regards,

Umar Farooq