Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

want to find out how a batch classification is used

I have previously sent out a message and the idea given was not very helpful.

Anyway, this is my question:

I have found a class and its characteristic which was setup in the system and I would like to know how this classification` is being use in the system.

For example, I would like to know which process (i.e. during goods receipt, during sales order creation, during production, during warehouse) is using this classification to perform their transaction.

Do you know how to find out this kind of information in the SAP system?

you would need to check if there are condition records for batch determination for the specified process, then you can assume that it is used.

For deliveries it might be the easiest task to find an evidence, since you can setup if batch determination is carried out automatically in deliveries. Soif you have condition records and this setup in place, then it was used. But in MM batch determination is a manual activity and you can't know the use like you can't know if the user pressed F4 .

You can check whether the batch determination is setup to check if manually entered batches fulfill the classification, in this case the classification is used too by the system, just not active by the user.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question