cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due Dates based on criteria or project

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to update the due date for all the AP invoices pertaining to a project. The project master data has the "ValidTo" field. Whenever the project master field is updated or extended to a new date, the due date should be updated with the new date so as to get the ageing correctly based on the due date.

This scenario is applicable to the construction industry.

Ex: Project master : Project 1 Validto: "31/12/2016"

AP invoice # 1 created on 1/2/2015 with retention dues.. The retention due date should be reflected as 31/12/2016.

AP invoice # 2 created on 1/4/2015 with retention dues.. The retention due date should be reflected as 31/12/2016.

When the project master is extended to the new valid date i.e. Validto is changed from 31/12/2016 to 31/12/2017, the due dates for the retention dues should reflect the new date i.d. 31/12/2017 for the new transactions and also, for the old transactions.

How can we do this? Is it possible to handle this?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

frank_wang6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure if standard SAP can do this.

But there is an workaround.

1. Use Post Transaction Notice to monitor the changes on Project Mater, and write the changed ValidTo value to a customized table.

2. Write DI program to modify existing A/P invoice based on new value in customized table

3. Schedule the DI program with SAP Alert.

Another way to do this is to use SAP 9 or 9.1's workflow to do the step 2 and 3.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Frank,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I don't have much idea about this. Anyhow, will try out the options suggested by you and shall revert back with comments.....

Thanks,

Santhosh