cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BW BEx Query based Crystal Reports Prompt doesn't allow copy and paste multiple values in Selection screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Database Connection: SAP BW BEx query.

Crystal Reports 2013

I have created a Parameter field with multiple values on Customer Number from BEx query in Crystal Reports 2013, which should allow multiple single values like 1111, 1112, 1113..

We have customers more than 1000000 (10 Lakhs) which is not possible to show for selection.

So, Users want to copy random Customer Numbers/values from Excel or Text file paste into Customer Parameter selection.

For that i have done Selection Formula Record like this {ZFC_M01_QR_ZFC_M01_007.[0BPARTNER]-[20BPARTNER]} in {?Business Partner}

which is working by enter Customer numbers in prompt one by one and not work with copy and paste bunch of customer numbers with delimiter from excel or text file. Any Solution or Work Around?

Your inputs are highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Warm Regards,

Subani Shaik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Subani,

Instead of adding a Record Selection Formula, you should format the BEx variable to accept a comma delimited string so that the results are filtered on the SAP side hence improving the report's performance.

If you still wish to handle this on the report side, the formula should be:

{ZFC_M01_QR_ZFC_M01_007.[0BPARTNER]-[20BPARTNER]} IN Split({?Business Partner}, ',')

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I got error in the select formula record in crystal report, what could be the solution?

By the way, do you have any idea how to create a SAP BW BEx Char Variable which accept delimiter?

Thank you,

Subani Shaik.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have no clue how to do this in the BEx query - maybe you could try posting to the BW Space.

I didn't realize that this was a 'Multi value' prompt. You would need to set this option to 'False'.

This way the prompt should accept a single comma delimted string and the record selection formula should work just fine.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

I have just changes the Selection Formula Record, it works.

{ZFC_M01_QR_ZFC_M01_TPL_007.[0BPARTNER]-[20BPARTNER]} in join({?Business Partner},",")

But hit severe performance issue in SAP BO.

Just for 3 Customer Numbers also taking 15 min time to fetch data.

Any hints to improve performance in SAP BO?

Thank you,

Warm Regards,

Subani Shaik.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot expect the report to perform when you report against a BEx query and have a Record Selection Formula to filter records!

Like I said earlier, you'll need to filter records on the SAP side to see any real improvements.

-Abhilash

Answers (0)