cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in CCDB Stores - Extractor CONFIGURATION (OS COMMAND) failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We have Solution Manager 7.1 system on our customer landscape. Technical Monitoring scenario is configured on it. As I check the alert inbox on a regular basis, I find the below error quite frequently:

Errors in CCDB Stores - Extractor CONFIGURATION (OS COMMAND) failed with below error log:

"Exception while retrieving E2EStore - Failed to open HW file."

Can anyone let me know why is this error getting generated and how this can be resolved permanently.

Thanks.

Regards,

Nidhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

warren_lee_chirhart
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

System is Solution Manager 7.1 SP12. SMDAgents and HostAgents on satellite systems.

I am having a similar error with this extractor when running against the Java instance of the SolMan system. On the ABAP instance of SolMan, everyday it completes successfully. On the Java instance, it completes successfully 67% of the time and with an error the other 33%. When it errors out, it errors out with the error RFC COMMUNICATION FAILURE. Always the same.

Everytime we test the WEBADMIN RFC, it's successful. Where can I find more information behind the RFC COMMUNICATION FAILURE error? I've looked in SLG1 and found nothing helpful. I've looked in the ABAP trace logs (dev_rd and dev_rfc*) and I've also found nothing there that corresponds to the time when the extraction jobs are running. I have found other times, however, where there was a timeout during the building of the RFC connection.

Any additional ideas would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Warren Chirhart

roland_hennessy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

Can you try restarting the  SAPHOSTAGENT  saphostexec -restart

Check its status saphostexec -status

Check its version saphostexec -version

You should have the latest version applied if possible.

The main fix is in saphostagent package, however also disp+work

processes use the access to saposcol and should be

updated as well via the kernel update.

Kind regards,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland,

Thanks for your answer.

I will check this and let you know if this helped. So, if the SAPHOSTAGENT is not of latest version, then the resolution is to update it? And also the SAPOSCOL.

But, why this error keeps coming and going, some days it is in green, other days it is in red. Any reason why on some days it turns green?

Thanks.

Regards,

Nidhi