cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop Third Party Order PR creation in Data Migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are having an issue with Purchase Requisition's which are getting created automatically when Third party sales Orders Transaction data is uploaded into the new client. The Third Party Orders already have PR's from MM side in Database. Kindly guide me a known practice to stop this Redundancy.

Regards

VK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should be other way round. Why in MM side, they created the purchase req, when sales order is not in the system. Can they set the deletion indicator for those purchase reqs, so that when sales order is created, the new purchase reqs can be created? By this way, the system can keep the reference/link between sales order and purcahse req.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

You got me completely wrong, There are no new PR's created from MM side. its a Data migration from an existing SAP client to New SAP client. hope i am clear.

Regards

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I got your scenario in the first posting itself, my question was why they created the purchase req first in the MM side for a third party scenario? How the decision was made? It is like creating an invoice first, then you want to create a delivery/sales order and further you want to make reference between those documents.

May be you can try to add the purchase req number at the sales order -> line item -> schedule line level during the sales order creation. Not sure whether the system allows or not. You can test it and update the forum so that experts can provide their input.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are having an issue with Purchase Requisition's which are getting created automatically when Third party sales Orders Transaction data is uploaded into the new client. The Third Party Orders already have PR's from MM side in Database. Kindly guide me a known practice to stop this Redundancy.

Regards

In the query, I think the above underlined sentence might gave you a different perception. what i mean is in the source database i.e in The table EBAN  we have PR's for the Third party Orders. its my bad if it made you misread.

Regards

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you understood Shiva Rams answer in the wrong way.

Each department migrates its data from the legacy system to the new system.

However in an integrated scenario you have to talk to each other, you have to test and find the best scenario for you, first manually, and when you know how it works you develop your tools like LSMW.

In this case MM must not migrate a PR that has its origin in a 3rd party order, it has to be excluded from the MM data load as it is created automatically from the SD sales order load.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you ....

The issue has been resolved.  your inputs has been very valuable.

Regards

Answers (0)