Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL error while login with admin in IdM 8.0

gompa_krishna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install and configure IdM8.0. I have been following the installation guide and some of the discussions in the community. As part of the installation, I have configured 2 data sources in netweaver with name - IDM_DevelopeStudio and IDM_DataSource. I also deployed jdbc driver. I also created SSL certificate.

When I try to login with admin user in developer studio, I get the attached error.

Please let me know your suggestions/comments.

Regards,

Krishna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gompa,

Any chance you found a solution your problem with the IDM Dispatcher connection into the MS SQL database using the JDBC configuration. I have run into the same problem with the configuration of the initial dispatcher. My configuration file looks identical.

Can you provide any tips on how you got around this connection issue! It would be much appreciated.

regards

Sumeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

This error normally occurs when the certificate is missing on the client where Developer Studio is running.

Make sure you have imported the certificate correctly.

See: Exporting and Installing the SSL Certificate - SAP Identity Management Installation Guide - SAP Libr...

It could also be caused by using the wrong port in the Developer Studio connection settings. Make sure you use the configured SSL port.

Regards,

Ole K.

gompa_krishna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

Thank you for your reply. I am able to overcome the SSL error and now I have encountered with the given error. I have followed all the steps from Installation guide and I am not sure what else is missing apart from the guidelines from Installation guide.

Can you please help me in this regard.

Thanks,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Which versions do you have on the eclipse plugin and the Developer Studio Service?

Regards,

Ole K.

gompa_krishna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

Thank you for the response.

Sorry to ask you very basic question that how to know the version of developer studio service. Because from the eclipse plugins we are able to see the versions as in the below screenshot.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

This is where you see the Developer Studio Service:

Log in to AS Java as Administrator, go to Configuration - Infrastructure - System Information.

Select the Components Information tab and filter the name to *idm*

Regards,

Ole K.

gompa_krishna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

Thank you for your support.

Below is the version of dev studio service in AS java. I think the versions are not same for eclipse plugin and the dev studio service. Please let me know your suggestions.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Upgrading the Dev Studio Service to version 8.0.8 should probably fix this problem.

Regards,

Ole K.

gompa_krishna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

Thanks for the solution.

Can you please let me know from where do I download the latest dev studio service.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

All IdM 8 patches can be found at Support Packages and Patches | SAP Support Portal

Select A_Z then N and IdentuMangement.

Regards,

Ole K.,

gompa_krishna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

Thank you for your suggestion. It worked.

I am now able to login to studio successfully. But when i try to create a dispatcher using dispatcher utility, I get an error "Invalid settings or credentials". But I am sure that the password used for MXMC_admin is correct, because using the same I am able to connect to mxmc_db.

I wonder if there is any other way to create dispatchers like we do in 7.2.

Regards,

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

When do you get this message? When starting the dispatcherutil or when you create the dispatcher?

Please check your dispatcherutil.config file for the correct settings. If you attach it here I will take a look at it.

On what OS are you creating the dispatcher?

Regards,

Ole K.

gompa_krishna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

I am connecting to dispatcher utility GUI from CMD. After the utility was started, it prompts for MXMC_admin password. I am giving the correct password but not able to login.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I have the same problem myself. It seems to happen after I upgrade the runtime component.

I have not been able to find the reason for this, but when I delete the dispatcherutil.config and recreates it, all is OK again.

Regards,

Ole K..

gompa_krishna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

Thank you for the reply. I have deleted the config file and tried as you said, but there is no change in the error message. Below is the data in my config file. I am not sure how I can connect to database through gui. Is there any alternative to create the dispatchers?.

I am using IP address as well to check is that works.

JDBC_DRIVER_JARFILE=C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\sqljdbc_4.0\enu\sqljdbc4.jar

JDBC_URL_ADMIN_USER=192.168.1.122\MXMC_admin

JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_45\bin\client\jvm.dll

DSE_HOME=C:\usr\sap\IdM\Identity Center

JDBC_DRIVER=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver

JDBC_URL_ADMIN=jdbc:sqlserver://192.168.1.122:1433;databasename%EQUALS%MXMC_db;user%EQUALS%MXMC_admin;password%EQUALS%%PASSWORD%

Regards,

Krishna.

ole_k_rosberg
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I cannot see anything wrong in the settings

You seem to be  running 32bit JAVA, could this be the problem?

Regards,

Ole K.

gompa_krishna
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Ole,

We are running on 64bit JAVA, but still we have the issue. Let me post on community and see whether I can get any help.

Regards,

Krishna