Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find details of replication errors

roberto_falk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I've created a replication configuration and everything seems to work fine. But when I tried to add table CDHDR, an error occured, see below:

Start of function - Access plan calculation 021 - on 25.04.2015 at 14:03:36

Access plan for CDHDR is being calculated (ID 00001, 8.000.000 blocks)

Z_CDHDR_021: Access plan could not be calculated, delimitation is not possible

Access plan calculation failed

End of function - Access plan calculation 021 - on 25.04.2015 at 14:03:42

How can I find more information about this error? Looking at ST22 on SLT and source system, both show no dumps.

Thanks and regards,

Roberto Falk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error always happens when the default delimitation field is not distinctive enough.

By default,  SLT uses the first field for delimitation. When we checked this table on the source system,we found that first field of the table was CLIENT which is not very selective. Therefore we changed and define another key field with high selectivity for delimitation.

You can define the field in LTRS->performance option as below:

Insert the selection parameter as another key field which has high selectivity for delimitation

Restart the replication of the affected table,it should work well after that

former_member256353
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

What DMIS Version do you have installed? Are they on the same level on both(Source & SLT)?

Please review note 1958809 (Installation/Upgrade

SLT - DMIS 2011 SP6 / DMIS 2010 SP10) and implement all necessary

notes. (really - check that - it solved my problems that were similar to yours. Ask your basis for help).

About the application log: access plan calculation failed: What is the exact errormessage for access plan calculation failed?

Did you try the following:

TA "LTRS" - Choose your system -> Select performance options -> Add table CDHDR and set the parallel job to "1". Sequence "30", protocoltable dataset"0", package size "0", reading mode 4(INDX Cluster) (you can play around with reading mode settings).

Then retest. If it helps, do the same for the other table.

regards

Greg

roberto_falk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Both tables are in the "Replication (Initial Load)" status. As Danny suggested, I tried to use "Processing Steps"->"Start Range Calculation" to debug the problem, but I simply receive an error message saying "No objects to be processed".

As Greg suggested, I tried TA "MWBMON". The Reset functions just restarted the process for both tables, but after is the same behavior, the status changes to "Replication (Initial Load)" and checking the application log, shows "Access plan calculation failed".

Maybe some additional information, not sure if are relevant... the tables that I'm facing problems are CDHDR and CDPOS, and I'm trying to replicate from a suite on hana system to another hana. Not sure if both hanas are in the same version, and not sure if is relevant.

Any other ideas?

BR,

Roberto Falk

0 Kudos

Hi  Roberto,

Good day!

Unfortunately there isn't any more detailed logs for the errors.

You should check SM21, ST11 and even the deveoper traces

for both SLT and source system.

You can use "Processing Steps"->"Start Range Calculation" so as to debug the problem.

Danny

former_member256353
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

That's how I proceed when I have this kind of error:

I go and check the table health: TAB "Expertfunctions" - "show table information"

You might find useful information there.

Then, I always do a Job-/Table-/1:N- Replication health-check.

Now, your errormesage statets, that the calculation of the accessplan failed.

Have you reseted the table settings in tab "processing steps"?

Delete all for your table.

Then try again replicating it in "table overview". Watch the system messages in the status bar while trying to replicate it.

Then, TA "MWBMON" is very useful - check out the expert functions there.

The Reset functions in MWBON are extremely useful.

Furthermore: have you read the following note? It might help you:

SAP Note 1944270

regards

Greg