Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error opening file 17754X_001-SD_VBRK / Archive file could not be read

ankit298012
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

we have suddenly started experiencing the issue where we are not able to access any archived file through archive enabled sap transaction like VF07 or through archive Infostructures. I have attached the screenshot of the error message.

The archive files are stored in the external storage device. Currently to view the archive file from SAP I have to retrieve them back to the file system using sara management screen storage---retrieve option and then it works fine.

But currently when we try to view the archived document through infostruture it gives error message" Error opening file 17754X_001-SD_VBRK". I tried to debug the issue and found that the logic tries to hit admi_file table to get the details of filename. I do not find any entry for filename in table admi_file which are stored properly to external storage device. My question is:

1. Do ADMI_FILE table should have filename entry filled because I do not see any entry for this particular field.

I have checked the content repository setting and its not touched recently.

I am not sure where the functionality has suddenly broken.

Any urgent suggestion would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Ankit Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I remember right then you will see the filename entry in ADMI_FILE table only if the archive is not stored.

I wonder how you were able to restore the file if you were not able to read it.

ankit298012
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

we are getting file_io_error exception from function module ARCHIVE_READ_OBJECT. This function module calls another function module i.e ARCHIVE_ADMIN_CHECK_FILE which we noticed has recently been changed through a note applied.

While debugging I have seen that it is always trying to fetch data from admi_files for filename. Below is the code in which it enters.

---------------------------------------------------------------

SELECT SINGLE document filename pathintern crep status_opt FROM

admi_files INTO

(document, filename, pathintern, crep, status_opt) WHERE archiv_key =

archive_key.

CHECK sy-subrc IS INITIAL.

CHECK NOT filename IS INITIAL.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"check not filename is initial" statement always fails because it is not getting any value for filename  and the control comes out. In ideal scenario when the archive file is successfully stored on external storage device then file name and Pathintern value should not be there in admi_files. Let me know if my understanding is correct.

Regards

Ankit

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I saw a note 2116768 that said that ARCHIVE_ADMIN_CHECK_FILE got replaced by  ARCHIVE_ADMIN_GET_FILE_INFO

The docu for this doesn't say anything about FILENAME, and a test in SE37 returns

content repository and document ID which are used to find the file in the archive system.

STORED_IN_CONTENT_REPOSITORY

STORED_AS_DOCUMENT_ID

I would suggest to open a ticket at SAP if you can't locate a change in your system except in the SAP programs.

At least I can confirm that all my stored archives do not have an entry in field FILENAME of table ADMI_FILES

ankit298012
Explorer
0 Kudos

Okay Jurgen. I have raised a ticket with SAP. I will update you once I receive response. Thanks for your reply.

Regards

Ankit

ankit298012
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

You were correct. SAP has suggested to implement note 2124625 to fix the issue. Recently SAP note 2037572 was implemented which break the functionality of function module ADMIN_ARCHIVE_CHECK_FILE. Note 2124625 will make some correction to the function module. Thanks.

Regards

Ankit Kumar