cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Sync outbox entries and MAM outbound syncBo's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently working in a MAM 2.0 implementation and I am having some problems from the mobile device to get data.

I am using transaction MEREP_MON to monitor all the outbound sync Bo?s to the Mobile Device I found some problems in the outbound sync BO's and I fixed them (then I ran MEREP_Purge to start fresh)  then I synchronized again the next day and somehow the WEB AS is not generating entries in the Smart Sync Outbox.

I think this is the problem because I can not see any Outbound sync Bo?s in the Monitor but when I check the inbound sync Bo?s summary I can se that all the Inbound Sync Bo?s are in I-waiting and not in status I-finished.

As I understand the request from data starts from the mobile device and with the synchronization the handler will trigger the sender which reads the smart Sync outbox entries and if it finds a mobile id stores the data of the mobile ID in the ME Container and ME outbox and then the sync layer reads the ME outbox entries and this data is send it to the mobile device. Do you know what can be wrong in this scenario if when I sync and I run the Monitor I can not see any outbound sync BO?s ready to be sent to the device?  

Best Regards,

Juan Jose Alvarado

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also I tried MEREP_EMULATOR to test data dwonload and the result was the same, it was generated a inbound SyncBO with status I-Waiting and no outbound SyncBO generated.

Best regards,

Juan Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Additional Information for the previous messages I just find out that this applies only with certain Mobile Id?s, so how can I get rid of the Mobile ID's in the SAP Web AS?  And also why I have several mobiles ID?s if I am synchronizing from the same device, the only difference is the synchronization happened in different dates?

Juan Jose Alvarado

jan_fetzer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

All,

mobile ID is in a 1:1 relationship to conversation ID (explained in MDK), i.e. equal to the triple deviceuserapplication. The only difference between mobile Id and conv. id is that conv. id is a guid and mobile id is a more readable form (e.g. a normal number; unique only on this web as instance).

This is why the same mobile device (=Device guid) can have several mobile ids using the same device.

It is not possible to get rid of mobile ids; they are automatically generated together with the conversation id when an application is deployed to a device.

As for missing outbox entries: I don't know why in your cases the i-waiting messages are not processed; the corresponding logs should tell you more here. But it is clear that if they are in status waiting, no outbound messages are generated.

cu, Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Danke Shoen Jan, this was really helpful.

Best Regards,

Juan Jose A.G.