cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the version number of a document update automatically in PRT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey guys,

I have attached a document as PRT.A new version of a document is created and needs to be updated automatically in PRT.

Can the version number of the document be updated automatically??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_deuter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I supose, that you have linked the document to the workplan/routing or goods incoming inspection plan, right ? Then this leads to a linkage of the document and the order in a later use of the plan.

The automatically update of the documents version is NOT possible I think. This makes no sens in many cases. Automatically document update is not the SAP standard Scenario, I think.

In addition to this, a new version is not the right event to switch. I think, you want to change the PRTs version on release of a newer version, right ?

For example:

- the document is a technical drawing

- the latest released version is 03

- this Version is used as PRT in the routing

- there are several planed or running orders with Version 03

If a product engineer will create a new version 04, this cannot lead to a change of the drawing within the production.The document will be on work over weeks. If a product engineer will release a new version 04, this cannot lead to a change of the drawing within the production, too. Perhaps in a next step you have to setup your production tools or equipment according to the next drawing version first.

But in some cases you really want to run always with the last, released version of the document.

Then you have to update the PRT links of plans and/or orders if you save the document Information record.

For this I would use BAdI DOCUMENT_MAIN01~AFTER_SAVE, do a where-used selection and update tables CRVD_A and CRVD_B.

Regards,

Markus

P.S. pls rate if this was helpful