cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Channel - Status ERROR but Processing Details OK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

In our PI environment, some communication channels are behaving in a very wierd way.

This is mainly occuring with HTTP and FTP communication channels.

If I check the status, it shows ERROR (basically communication error with destination host) on the past 10 seconds, with the red indicator, but, If I look down on the PROCESSING DETAILS log, there are no errors whatsoever, only green indicator - even for the past hour or so.

If I STOP/START the Channel again, everything is back to normal.

I have being doing this for a few days now, seems like everyday this is happening. I could not find anything specific on the log files..

This is specially bad for SENDER channels, because they need this "stop/start" in order to really work.The RECEIVER channels seems to work fine despite this.

Regards,

Ricardo Lóra (Brazil)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is in the past 10 seconds, it should definitely display the log.

As it's not in your case, can you search by the channel name in the default trace?

If you don't find any clue there, enable xpi inspector for some duration on these channel which should log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I just double-checked and there is nothing specific regarding those channels on the log files.

Regarding the XPI Inspector, we are concerning to leave it on for a long period of time, mainly because of storage space.

But overall I agree with you, it should display in the log if the channel shows an error on the last 10 seconds, but that is just the point here: there is no error on the last 10 seconds on the details process log - actually, for RECEIVER channel, it is working normally - but not for SENDER..

Regards,

Ricardo

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>I can see "general messages", one specially caught my attention: channel inactive.

There are no information about which channel but there are two lines like this on the log file and usually two channels are involved in this situation.

Just try making a dummy change and activate them again and see if that makes any difference

I don't see any other option left for you than contacting SAP if the channels doesn't even log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont know if I was lucky but I just got the opportunity to see the issue in "real time":

- There was a communication error to a host - thus the erros UnknownHost happened.

- Communication channel got red indicator and details log also.

- After retry, message was delivered successfully

- Communication channel got stuck with red indicator now.. error in last 10 seconds - but the error happened over 30 minutes ago and details log are all green now.

- It only goes back to normal if I stop/start it.

I think this is the issue than..

In any case, I´m checking with my firewall team as well.

Ricardo

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Recardo,

After retry if the message was successful then one of the application server cannot connect to the host and that is why some times you see error and some times successful. Identify the application server and fix the firewall problem.

Regards,

Praveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP note 2078414 is the key.

There were no firewall issues.

Answers (0)