Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup 2 different FAX nodes

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here's the scenario I'm trying to configure for outbound SAPconnect Faxes.

I currently have 1 FAX node in SCOT configured for BC_CON protocol going to our Rightfax server RFC. That part is what we are using for daily outbound Faxes in Production and working fine.

Now, I'm in the process of transitioning outbound faxes to Esker Cloud service which uses BC_SMTP technology and I will setup another node under SMTP for outbound faxes.

Here's my question and problem; As soon as I configure the SMTP node to send Faxes to Esker Fax service ALL faxes are being sent to that new FAX SMTP node. How can I keep the existing (old) FAX node which uses BC_CON to Rightfax server and route ONLY specific Faxes to the new SMTP fax node? The goal is to only transition selected fax numbers to the new node going to Esker fax cloud service. Not all at ounce.

Need help to figure this out.

Thanks

Stephane

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marek_krzywkowski
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Stephane,

You can set specified address area for selected node in SCOT.

Look at screenshot:

Rules for SAPconnect routing are described here: Address Area - SAPconnect (BC-SRV-COM) - SAP Library

I hope it will be helpful.

Best Regards,

Marek Krzywkowski

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks, that's part of my question. Please see my reply at the bottom for more information.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

ok guys,

Thanks for your information. My problem is not setting it up. I got it working fine.

The problem is that I want ALL fax numbers to go through 1 FAX node (Original node) but would like to route only specific fax numbers to a new SMTP-FAX node.

The original node is set to FAX to all numbers '*'. There's too many fax numbers going through it for me to start listing them all. How would I route exceptions to the new FAX node only?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Stephane

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephane,

Apologies. I could not find much information online on the topic in question.

Address Area - SAPconnect (BC-SRV-COM) - SAP Library

The SAPconnect routing concept is based exclusively on the address areas. It is not possible to use other data, like for example the formats supported by the nodes, as the basis for the routing

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPITSM/E-MAIL+INBOUND+CONFIGURATION-+ALM%3A+Incident+Managemen...

Hope you fine more information.

Kind Regards,

J

marek_krzywkowski
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Stephane,

You wrote that after enabling SMTP node all faxes was routed to them, so i assume that SAPconnect is using SMTP node as first and FAX as a second node.

Try to filter messages on first SMTP node and (i think) rest of them will be sent via FAX (2nd) node. It's only my supposition but maybe it will work.

I think that more secure and stable resolution will be setting ranges of addreses for suitable nodes. Using wildcard '*' in this case is risky.

Regards

MKrzywko

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I like your idea about filtering the SMTP node and see if the rest goes to the FAX node. I'll give that a try in a test system.

Thanks

Stephane

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephane,

Quick Guide to SMTP Configuration - SAPconnect (BC-SRV-COM) - SAP Library

From SAP_BASIS 7.02 SAPconnect offers the possibility to create more

than one SMTP node for using with fax etc.

455140 - Configuration of e-mail, fax, paging or SMS using SMTP

Kind Regards,

Johan