Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer single results from results recording to batch characteristic

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've a question. Is it possible to transfer multiple single results from results recording to a batch? It should only be qualitative results. The problem is as follows.

We have a SAP - LIMS interface (QM-IDI). In SAP we have an inspection plan with two MICs:

• Customers OK
  • Customers Not Ok

Both MICs are linked to a catalog with customer + specification number. For example:

• 0001 - Customer A v. 2015.01
  • 0002 - Customer B v. 2014.08
  • 0003 - Customer C v. 2015.02
  • 0004 - Customer D v. 2015.01

LIMS determines which customer specifications passed and which failed. We'd like to get the following batch from LIMS:

• Customers OK
    • 0002 - Customer B v. 2014.08
    • 0003 - Customer C v. 2015.02
    • 0004 - Customer D v. 2015.01
  • Customers Not Ok:
    • 0001 - Customer A v. 2015.01

This is what we would like to see in the batch as well. Batch selection should be performed based on this information. Ik looked into multiple specifications, but I don't think this can help.

Thanks for your help.

regards,

Maarten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

maarten_muetgeert2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I currently have two batch characteristics linked to two MICs. In results recording I can enter multiple values, but only one value will be transferred to the batch characteristics.

Craig, I'm not sure if multiple specifications are suitable for this situation. In SAP we don't maintain any specs. We only want to know in SAP if a batch is suitable for a customer or not. This will be determined by LIMS.

Regards,

Maarten

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then I think you'l have to use the file when it comes back to SAP from LIMS and add programming to read the values from that file and directly updae the batch record.  You won't see it in QM however.  You could possibly have a QM characterisitc that indicates there are country limitations.  Then copy countries into the inspection description.  You'd do that in conjuntion wiht updating the batch record. It's all going to have to be custom.

Craig

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is basically standard SAP functionality under Multiple specifications functionality.  With that process you can specify what country a material is Ok for or not ok for.

Multiple Specifications in Inspection Planning - Quality Management (QM) - SAP Library

Otherwise, without this, there is no standard way to implement what you want.

However, since you are using an interface between your LIMS and SAP, you can have your system, based on values in the file transfered, take certain values from the file and directly update the batch characteristic values, (MSC2n) and record the countries it's ok for.  It would simply be a mult-value characteristic.  But the data for it comes from the transfer file, not QM.  There would basically be nothing visible about this in the inspection lot.

Craig

former_member207800
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From SAP help...

You have set the "Single result" indicator and want the system to carry out a batch classification.

If you use SAP enhancement QMSP0002, you must enter the single codes that are confirmed at results recording in the enhancement.

Otherwise, the system cannot carry out batch classification.

So... Try to implement the enhancement QMSP0002 for your requirement.

Regards

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maarten,

Please can you explain, as of now how is your inspection results getting transferred to batch classification? What value you are getting now with your present setup?

Just guessing, have you tried linking the two MIC's (Customer OK and Customer Not OK) to two Characteristics like ZQM_CUSTOMER_OK and ZQM_CUSTOMER_NOK (which are multiple value managed,), for the batch class 022 or 023 added to material, and tried to pass on the results form Result Recording to Batch?

Please let us know after testing this.

Thanks,

Arijit

Message was edited by: Arijit Banerjee