Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing Credentials with clients

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

Just curious to know about this.

In one of the projects I am working in, we made one SOAP to Proxy interface.

I tested this at source using SOAPUI with my creds of PI while sending data to PI.

Now I have shared the wsdl with source java team but not sure which Id we should give them to consume the WS.

Client says they used to give one particular id to all vendors but have lost the password of it,so they can't share that id , neither can they change the pasword.

In this case we need to create one new id.So which one should we create dailogue , service? how does licensing factor come here ,or does it even come?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create a new technical user with below authorization object.

SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER

I don't think PI license is based on user's. Either it's volume or CPU utilization unlike other SAP systems.

former_member190284
Participant
0 Kudos

SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER should suffice

no, creating a user id and password doesnt require any pi lincence

you can easlity create the ID by logging in netwever administrator

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I addition, you can refer to SAP note 856597 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0/7.1/7.3 SOAP Adapter

• Q: I get an authorization error "401 Unauthorized" from the adapter's servlet. What went wrong?

A: The adapter's servlet is protected by default. You must use one of the user names assigned in security role xi_adapter_soap_message for component XISOAPAdapter. Please consult the documentation for Visual Administrator to view and change the security setting.
           The user authentication of the SOAP adapter is not part of the SOAP adapter but of the web container of the J2EE engine. The default authentication setting is defined in the web.xml descriptor file of the SOAP dapter web application. This setting may be modified from Visual Administrator with some restriction. Please refer to the security documentation for the J2EE engine.
           Please note that 710 onwards there is no Visual Administrator instead the Netweaver Administrator is to be used to assign the roles to the user to access the SOAP adater servlet.The user must be assigned one of the following roles SAP_XI_IS_SERV_USER, SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER, SAP_XI_DEVELOPER_J2EE, SAP_XI_ADMINISTRATOR_J2EE. Assigning any one of these roles to the user provides necessary permissions for the user to access the SOAP adapter servlet.To assign these roles to the user, path in Netweaver Administrator is Operation Management -> Identity Management